PDA

View Full Version : Brain Zaps

arsenal123
10-02-11, 16:24
Hey everybody,

For the last few day i have been getting brain zaps and i dont know why. they are so hard to explain, but they feel like a sensation where something pops in your head but they are not painful just scary, im also having alot of panic attacks. has anybody else had these brain zaps? im starting to worry because everytime it happens i have a panic attack afterwards. thanks :weep:

krees69
11-02-11, 21:37
hi
Are you on any meds? or recently stopped? Brain Zaps can happen with this. I know what you mean though, difficult to describe, but you knw what they are.

Thinking back years ago, when I used to have those horrible panic attacks (they were so unpleasant i stiil remember them now!), I used to get an 'aura' i knew one was coming, but i would have discribed it as my head becoming cloudy,a sense of unreality and i always remember feeling like i was going to be sick-the typical fight or flight reaction.
I wouldn't worry to much about the symtoms you get with your panic attacks, but concentrate on moderating or getting rids of those attacks. I managed it with meds.
Kath