PDA

View Full Version : Three months on diazapam advice please ..

Greenman50
10-02-11, 18:59
Hi All

After being on diazapam , only ONE 2 mg at night , for nearly three months , i,ve got another 14 today , i have a feeling i,m not going to get anymore off the doc now i,ve been on the citralapram for 28 days , i,ve been told to take one every other day or cut one in half . I,m haveing my last 2 mg one tonight .

So i,ve only 14 to last three weeks :weep: I could quite easly just keep on with the 2 mg forever , i think its a phscological "thing" rather than my body needing it now .

Whats the possibility of me haveing with drawel symptyms doing this ?

Anyone else slowly come off these ? , could i just go cold turkey knowing that i have some in the house ? , its only 2 mg after all .

I don,t even feel like i,ve had it now , i,ve got used to it that much , don,t even know if i need it ? I,ve been takeing it at 9 pm with four cans of weak beer (i know i shouldn,t but look forward to it ) .
I know i should kick the beer aswell , and did do for a month but old habits die hard .
Any comments appreciated

haz
10-02-11, 23:31
I would withdraw gradually as your doctor suggested to avoid any potential unwanted side effects. You maybe trying cutting your alcohol back a bit?? Especially when you are taking diazepam.

Good Luck.

Greenman50
11-02-11, 00:24
Hi

Thanks for the reply :D
I totally agree with the alcohol comment :blush:, I,m makeing changes from tommorow .
Alcohol no longer has an effect on me with diazapam , i could drink double the above and have done regulary , but now down to just the four cans .

Still shocking i know . I,ll take half a one tommorow and slowly cut out the beer . Its been like comfort eating would be for some people . At times i feel so weak doing this as a crutch , but it helps me sleep .

Thanks again , i,ll update as i,m determined to get my life back on track.

Pinkella
18-02-11, 00:54
I would withdraw slowly from the diazepam...maybe cut ur tablet in half..then down to a quarter....

You shouldn't be drinking with diazepam it really is a no no! I passed out when drinking wine with this med and got sick in my sleep...i wasn't even aware i was been sick i could have choked on my own vomit...thank god my friend was there with me to lie me on my side and keep an eye on me...I'd basically took a few doses of diazepam for flying that day and though on the night oh its out my system now...how wrong was i????:lac::scared15:

joannap
20-02-11, 15:46
i would think its more of a psychological addiction - i would have thought it is the alcohol making you feel you can sleep as much as the valium lol - 2mg is a tiny dose. i wouldn't advise combining the two at all but if you are already doing this - it may be pretty rough going cold turkey on everything so i personally would cut up the 2mg tablets and cut out a quarter so you are taking 1.5mg for a week and then 1mg and so on and do the same with the beer - have 3 instead of 4 and so on. x

Greenman50
21-02-11, 14:08
Thanks for the replies , i had one every other day , basically i forgot to have one one Night so did it alternate days , not had one since friday and feel fine , i,ve still got some left if i need one but i,ve forgotten about them now if you know what i mean , still on 4 cans a night thou :blush:
Ill cut that down from the end of this week , but i,m glad to say the diazapam days look like they are over .
Rome wasn,t built in a day !
Thanks again

Greenman50
25-02-11, 20:43
Not sure if its going aswell as i thought , i seem to be sweating at night untill i have one , or substitute it with beer .

Not very pleased with myself :lac:

LaneCash
06-06-11, 19:17
mel
If you have been on it for three months, don't dtop abruptly, you could get withdrawal symtoms and that will increase your desire to up your amount of beer, too.
I've been on a very high dose of diazepam (Valium) and I took the time to wean myself off them and I was fine afterward.
My suggestion, don't mix it with beer. If your Dr. finds out he will immediately stop you from taking diazepam. Hopefully he knows enough so that he won't do it to quickly.
I hope this helps you.
LaneCash

Hi All

After being on diazapam , only ONE 2 mg at night , for nearly three months , i,ve got another 14 today , i have a feeling i,m not going to get anymore off the doc now i,ve been on the citralapram for 28 days , i,ve been told to take one every other day or cut one in half . I,m haveing my last 2 mg one tonight .

So i,ve only 14 to last three weeks :weep: I could quite easly just keep on with the 2 mg forever , i think its a phscological "thing" rather than my body needing it now .

Whats the possibility of me haveing with drawel symptyms doing this ?

Anyone else slowly come off these ? , could i just go cold turkey knowing that i have some in the house ? , its only 2 mg after all .

I don,t even feel like i,ve had it now , i,ve got used to it that much , don,t even know if i need it ? I,ve been takeing it at 9 pm with four cans of weak beer (i know i shouldn,t but look forward to it ) .
I know i should kick the beer aswell , and did do for a month but old habits die hard .
Any comments appreciated

shoegal
06-06-11, 19:36
Hi Mel,
Do you mind if I ask if the Citalopram is helping? I started taking it today and I'm also on Diazepam to help with the side effects. I've just been feeling a bit tingly and I've just been retching. Is this normal? And please don't tell me any horror stories as I'm scared enough already! :blush: