PDA

View Full Version : Side and back pains with anxiety

cheesy pete
10-02-11, 20:28
Can anyone help or suggest anything i can do? Keep experiencing pains in my sides and at back (underneath shoulder blades on both sides). It's almost like someone has their hands on my ribs at the back and squeezing them. Is this anxiety or is it something else?

Had lots of stomach problems, reflux, etc. last year and after endoscopy diagnosed small hiatal hernia. Just fed up with aches, pains and want to feel normal again (whatever that is):weep:

Tish
11-02-11, 13:49
Did you have a scan to test for gall stones? They usually occur in older people but when i suffered I had the pain as you describe in my back. I had my gallbladder removed 3 months ago. x

mary3
11-02-11, 14:13
I bet it is from having the reflux and tensing your muscles around that area. If i actually sit and just think about my body i notice that it is all really tense, even my toes are curled up. So even if you dont notice it you probably are quite tense. Not sure about the solution though as i am trying to work that out myself!

cassie1975
12-02-11, 23:07
I had back pain just like you have described and had it for nearly four months before i realised it had gone. The doctors kept telling me it was anxiety but would not believe them, I wish i had listened sooner the pain may have gone earlier !!