PDA

View Full Version : Chest pain/breathing

anx mum
10-02-11, 20:47
Had another awful day woke up and felt dizzy still getting the bad breathing where feels like no air then around lunch time had the most awful chest pain was stabbing really scared me as i was at home on my own dialed 999. They did an ecg which was normal left me feeling what on earth was that? Spoken to my gp since and hes added another anxiety tablet called quetiapine also gonna try some cbt.

bottleblond
10-02-11, 21:12
What you are explaining is purely anxiety. You feel like you are not getting enough air in to your lungs so you are concentrating on it and then over breathing trying to correct it, You then take in too much air leading to your chest pains.

I read you recently had a little baby... Congratulations!! You really should speak to your health visitor about how you are feeling and she could perhaps arrange someone for you to talk to about how things are for you as waiting on CBT can be a lengthy process.

Callling 999 is not going to benefit you at all, you need to learn about your anxiety and coping stratagies. Anxiety will NOT harm you, you just need to accept it, work with it and cope with it.

Lisa
x

joans60
10-02-11, 21:24
Hi Bev
Sorry to read that you have had a bad day
The feeling dizzy is to do with the anxiety I get that alot
sometimes it can also do with your BP fluctuating and also when you get up to quick it happens
I know how frightening being dizzy is but is is as Lisda has said about your breathing you are trying to concentrate on it and then over breathing that will make you dizzy
Keep in there it is all anxiety
You will get through it and I should have a word with your health visitor and see what she can suggest for you.

Regards Joanx

anx mum
10-02-11, 21:24
What you are explaining is purely anxiety. You feel like you are not getting enough air in to your lungs so you are concentrating on it and then over breathing trying to correct it, You then take in too much air leading to your chest pains.

I read you recently had a little baby... Congratulations!! You really should speak to your health visitor about how you are feeling and she could perhaps arrange someone for you to talk to about how things are for you as waiting on CBT can be a lengthy process.

Callling 999 is not going to benefit you at all, you need to learn about your anxiety and coping stratagies. Anxiety will NOT harm you, you just need to accept it, work with it and cope with it.

Lisa
x

Thanks lisa was really scared thats why i called 999 need to be able to deal with this but the fear seems to much

nomorepanic
10-02-11, 22:33
Why don't you see the doc rather than keep calling 999 Bev?

You have had the all clear this week already from the paramedics so surely it could wait until you saw the doc?

anx mum
11-02-11, 17:58
Why don't you see the doc rather than keep calling 999 Bev?

You have had the all clear this week already from the paramedics so surely it could wait until you saw the doc?

Was scared hun and in alot of pain thats why i called 999.

Greenman50
12-02-11, 00:43
Hope this might help......

When i went the docs on Thursday , driveing up there i had pains in my chest like the day before , plus a feeling like a brick in my chest . I,m getting there now , but still have this swallowing "thing going on"
I told my doc about the globus , food feeling stuck going down , lump feeling in my back and chest pain and needing to take deep breaths .

Reply .....anxiety .

My reply......i,m not anxios anymore .....docs reply (or words to this effect) its involuntury the muscle tightning , its like if you show off your arm muscle it goes massive , you relax it... it goes floppy , unfortuneatly when you are tense these actions are involuntary and you get the chest pain through muscle tightness , even if you don,t feel tense . When your nerves have been shot at they play tricks with you ........doctors statement not mine .

Really hope you feel better soon , but i,m right in saying after all the tests you have had its anxiety .

I know its hard , but can you get out for a walk , some exercise , some distraction to take your mind off it , it will go , but its so hard to motivate yourself to change , i know this but it will work .

Take care and get well , you will

xx

nomorepanic
12-02-11, 00:48
Was scared hun and in alot of pain thats why i called 999.
You have been here hundreds of times before and know it is anxiety so no need to call 999

Call the doctor next time ok?