PDA

View Full Version : Classical Music

oscar1
10-02-11, 20:57
Hi everyone. This may be a bit of a strange one, I'm almost not sure where to put it, but does anyone find that listening to classical music relaxes them. I've heard that it can be very relaxing, but just wondered if anyone else finds that it does. Thanks.

ElizabethJane
11-02-11, 15:54
I'm a classical music lover too Oscar and put radio three on every morning. It does help me relax especially choral music or organ music. I'm learning the 'St John Passion' Bach at the moment and I've been listening to it in the car. Tomorrow I am taking part in a Choral Workshop and we will be singing parts of the Messiah. What Classical music do you like listening to? EJ

paula lynne
11-02-11, 16:20
Hi Oscar, I love listening to Vivaldi, 4 seasons...also love a bit of Folk on Radio 2 on wednesday evenings. It really does relax you in my opinion, just as my terrible taste in 80's Euro rock makes me want to get up and get on with it! :)

teez
11-02-11, 17:15
i love listening to classic fm,,especially while i paint or write to my penpals

Hazel B
11-02-11, 17:53
I like anything heavy or in the minor key (especially hymns tho' I'm not a believer). I love Mussorsky and tragic operas like Madam Butterfly.:D

snowgoose
11-02-11, 17:54
Hi Oscar:)
classical music has been soothing me for years .
certain pieces I do think make calmer brain waves .and it is very therapeutic when so wound up with fear ...to sit and listen ...... and just let the world around you go itself for a while.
any music really is so very helpful I think depending on tastes ..........but a good general station like Classic Fm in the background ..... if wound up is a good ally .
xx

musicman65
14-03-11, 07:48
Classical music lover here. Anything composed by Mozart that is chamber music is very relaxing any time of day.

blue moon
14-03-11, 08:41
I love all music,I do like listen to Listz,Handel and Chopin at night.
petra x:)

t0rt01se36
14-03-11, 11:45
I have recently started listening online to Classic FM. I got a taste of Opera when I starred in Iolanthe. The CD's I like to listen to, to sing along to or to relax, are by artists Jonathan Ansell, Katherine Jenkins and Susan Boyle.

Thyme
14-03-11, 12:37
Hi

I love listening to classical music....Mozart is so good at calming the chatter in my head. Also find Gregorian plainchant is good for going to sleep to.

snowgoose
14-03-11, 13:24
yes Thyme :)
gregorian chants and any choral religious music is balm for a shattered soul .
my husband teases me and says to the family .....oh no ! .your mum is listening to moaning men again . cheeky B****r .
do think though that some music does calm the endless chatter in our minds .x

blue moon
14-03-11, 23:10
I bought Enya CD and I also play this when i go bed.
Petra x:D

haz
14-03-11, 23:52
Hi everyone. This may be a bit of a strange one, I'm almost not sure where to put it, but does anyone find that listening to classical music relaxes them. I've heard that it can be very relaxing, but just wondered if anyone else finds that it does. Thanks.

YES. Very much so. I listen to Classic FM radio and ordered some of their "relaxing" classic CDs. I'm not too up on classical music but I find it very calming. I listen to it in the car and sometimes fall asleep whilst listening to it at night. My CPN told me that even in times of extreme stress, background music (not Motorhead obviously!) can soothe you, even if you think you're not listening to it.

gaaron
14-03-11, 23:53
I listen to 'instrumentals' a lot, which really calm me and help me to sleep....if I remember to put them on!

Deepest Blue
14-03-11, 23:56
Hi, yes I love classical music and it certainly can not only make you feel relaxed but also emotional. I also love chillout music by Cafe Del Mar and they actually do a few albums where they've taken classical music and giving it that extra relaxing ambience to it :) very effective and worth a listen :)

oliverb
15-03-11, 00:56
Try this when you're feeling a bit jagged -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mh6s71MicgY&feature=fvst