PDA

View Full Version : need advise for my daughter

mirry
31-03-06, 16:24
Hi people i feel bad asking for advise on here for my daughter but its making me panic.
my daughter came home with her earring in her hand saying it got knocked out at school today (shes 8 years old ) shes had her ears pierced only 4 months now.
Well i tried to get the earring back in but it wouldnt go thru, there seems to be a lump and the more i tried she felt the pain and then it bled.

I feel terrible now for letting her have her ears done, ive cleaned it with boiled water and dont know when i should try again ?
any ideas or tips much appreciated , its really shaken me up!

mirryx

ruth
31-03-06, 16:48
Dear Mirry

Dont feel guilty about letting your daughter have her ears piereced, incidents like this can happen to anyone at anytime. You did the right thing by cleaning it, but do continue to do so. If I were you I would not try and put the stud back in, it may have torn the skin when it came out it may well be a case of having it re-pierced at a later date let it heal first.

I hope this has reassured you, it will be fine i'm sure

Take care love Ruth

Spice
31-03-06, 17:20
Hi

My daughter had her ears pierced when she was 5 and the exact same thing happened to her with bleeding and a lump - best advice as ruth said is to keep them cleaned with cooled boiled water and to let them heal up and have it re-pierced at a later time.
My wee one has since had hers re-done with no ill effects.
Don't feel guitly about letting her have them done as this could happen to any mum.

Spice
x

Ammeg
31-03-06, 18:04
Hello Mirry
Well what happened to your daughter happened to me when I was 11!!! My mum clean it with sterile water, same as your doing, and within a week the weird 'ball' from inside it disappeared and the earing (wiht a tiny bit of force behind it) went straight back in!! But if you have no joy with this, as spice said, let it heal and have it done again
Ammegx

mirry
31-03-06, 18:21
thanks i will give it go ,my daughters face went white when i tried putting it in, my mum said use vasaline tomorrow, im a coward with these sort of things. My hubby said "oh well may as well take the other earring out", i said "no way that ear is fine and no point putting it thru it twice for no reason".

I nearly passed out when she had them done last time.

mirryx

darkangel
31-03-06, 18:24
Hi mirry

Id agree saying try not to force it back in. Can you go back to piercing place tomorrow cos they cant re-pierce in the same place later on.

........life is for living not just for surviving

blondeangel
01-04-06, 04:38
mirry..
I would not force the earing through...it sounds like it may need to heal. When I was a teenager I remember my mom smacking me in the side of my head (the only time she ever did...but ofcourse does not remember), and it tore where my second piercing was and bled. Then it got infected and I took the earring out. Years later I tried to get in pierced again, but it just got infected.
Maybe you can take her to the doctor if it seems serious..otherwise I would suggest to let it heal.
How did it get knocked out her ear?
I think that is maybe a more important question.
Try putting antibiotic cream on it, and let it heal...putting the earring in may infect it.
And you should fee terrible for her getting her ears done...accidents happen...life happnes...just help take care of your dauther. She also need so know that sometimes things happen that you don't like...or expect...but it is how you deal with situations that is important.

mirry
01-04-06, 16:10
it lookes bruised slightly today but the good thing is she is alreaady on antibiotics for a mouth abscess, so hopefully it will stop it getting infected.

I will try again tonight :(

mirryx

mirry
03-04-06, 17:59
Just had to write to you all and say, i got her earring in today!

I had to re-pierce the back bit because it wouldnt go thru , i used calpol and ice on her ear and i could see the earring under the skin, it had completely healed up so i thought RIGHT YOUR GOING IN!
Cant belive i did it, but now we have a new problem the earring will not turn around, so i am going to give her more calpol tonight and give it a good turn.

Hope it works

mirryx

Spice
03-04-06, 19:27
Hi

Well done on getting the ear-ring in. I don't want to alarm you but please be careful that it doesn't become infected now. Keep an eye on it as the ear-ring that you put back in will not be sterile like it was when it was first pierced and untouched by anyones hands.
I have two daughters and we have been through all this with ears, nose and belly piercings!!
Girls !!!!:D

mirry
04-04-06, 07:31
I got some sugical spirit from the chemist and am using it 3 times a day.

It really smells horrible but last night i got her earring turning lovely.

I never knew it would be this much trouble!

mirryx