PDA

View Full Version : Anxious about new school.

bukendaa
10-02-11, 22:51
Next monday im starting a new school and its my first school ive been to in 2 years and im scared im going to have a panic atack and this school is a little far from my home and im really anxious of what people will think of me and im scaerd what should i do if i have a panic atack at the new shool :ohmy:

bukendaa
11-02-11, 06:10
help

tomspy77
11-02-11, 06:39
Well having a panic attack at any place you feel awkward is pretty bad, but you can get theough it.
What works for me personally is to try to breathe in and imagine I'm sucking in all the positive energy and when I exhale I'm blowing out all the negative energy.
I was shocked later on to discover that this is an actual meditation method.

Also, don't worry about what people will think of you if you can. Its what you think of yourself that matters...

I also know being far away from home and a "comfort zone" can be very disturbing, but this will go away if you can try to fight a major attack and discover there is nothing to be worried about and the school itself is safe as well.

Good luck, and I'm sure you will do fine. :)

bukendaa
11-02-11, 19:25
thANK you

oscar1
11-02-11, 19:42
Hi. I'm sorry I didn't reply. Being out of your comfort zone is scary, I know, but I would say just remember to breathe deeply. Don't worry what people think of you, because they will just think you are nervous because it's your first day. Which you are. I'm not sure if you are allowed but try to keep a bottle of water with you. That always helps me. Good Luck. Let us know how you get on.

loveletter
11-02-11, 22:38
Hi love I really feel for you
My 13 year old son has not been to school for 2 years due to anxiety.
The school have been really helpful so may be there could be a teacher at the school you could have a chat with just so someone knows you may be a bit anxious.
My son goes into a small unit that is in the school and went once last week for 2 hours and twice this week for 2 hours at a time
I hope you get on ok