PDA

View Full Version : Safety Zone?

Mark801
11-02-11, 01:09
Hey guys, how do you feel when you're not home. I mean I have anxiety in my house but I feel safe in my home. When I'm at school or with friends and i get panic symptoms I get completely terrified that something will happen. My symptoms are seriously 10x worse.

The second I walk into my house I feel loads better but the truth is it really makes me sad that I can't even be outside of my house w/o feeling like I'm gonna die any second. This symptom has been on/off for years but has now returned with a vengence. This is what's called agoraphboa right?

fourth_letter
11-02-11, 01:18
I think your fear happens when you are outside of your home because you are afraid of having anxiety in public- which is a totally valid fear. Let's think about it for a minute though: Challenge yourself with some "what ifs". OK. So you are out with friends at a bar and you feel anxiety come on. What should you do? OK. What then? Then what? Think about all of the horrible scenarios you could go through and you will realize that for every what if there is solution. This has helped me IMMENSELY and even when I was at my worst this helped. Just tell yourself you will be safe and you are a healthy person with just a small issue with anxiety. When you come to grips with the fact it is your MIND and not your BODY, things will become easier. :hugs: