PDA

View Full Version : Working self up into panic attack

MiniatureDisasters
11-02-11, 05:06
Went out for some work drinks last night, only had a few but got home late and it put the idea into my head that I might feel ill the next day as having even just a glass of wine before has put me into a panic attack with stomach upset in the night. This of course never happens when I don't have to go to work the next day. I have a long bus journey to work and getting the bus is the trigger for me. Have been fine for a few weeks aside one incidence. Sure enough I wake up at 2-3 this morning and start worrying that I'm going to have an attack on the bus which I now have to catch in about 2 hours. Thoughts spiral out, need to get bus, what if I feel sick, need to get to work, need to make sure I'm okay to get on bus or else everyone will think I'm hungover if I don't get into work. Last time this happened to me I started crying at work. Have been doing okay lately but I feel like I'm actively causing myself to have a panic attack. The thought that I might have one enters my head and it's like I build it up until it's inevitable that I have one :(

tomspy77
11-02-11, 05:57
Triggers are odd things.

I take buses and there were times I would feel trapped on them like I had to get off at the next stop. I just tried to fight it and get through the ride.

My triggers are things like doctors and hospitals and storms, and those make it bad of course but you have to keep going...

Good luck, you can do it, you can fight this. :)

london lad 27
11-02-11, 11:45
i completley understand how you feel,mine is very similar cause as soon as my stomach turns in any situation and i feel a little bit sick the paniic begins,then i think i cant be sick people will laugh,someone will have to clean it up,it will hurt my chest and more.try to remember you are your own person your own body you are in control,you are strong dont fight the feelings accept them and just say its okay for them to be there they will get smaller and smaller just takes time