PDA

View Full Version : ALL ABOUT ME AS IM NEW

hayles
31-03-06, 16:43
Hey

Excuse me for being a total ditz as this is my first post and I have never been on a forum before!

I have been suffering from Panic attackes/anxiety or whatever you want to call it since i was about 19 (im 24 now) I have always had a fear of vomiting since I was about 5 (according to my Mother). But the panic attacks manifested when I first moved out of home. They are not with me all the time, I can go a year ot 2 without one, but one day they Hit me and I seem to fall into a black hole of continuos panick from anything like 6 weeks to 6 months....I am in one of those now!

Cut a VERY long story short, i have started down a new spiral of terror with this stint of panic and that is that I am convinced I am dying, that I have something terribly wrong. I am due to be married in less then 4 month and I am terrified I wont make it!

I have terrible pains in my head with my panicks, light headed dizzy and of course feel sick. Constantly think i have a tumour or something of such seriousness.

I have been to the Docs like a million times, she says it is stress and is prob sick of the site of me. I am in the process of privately paid tests, just a medical really as I am not convinced that I can make myself feel this way........I am also having councelling, and am reluctantly on AD's (very low dose though). I have also had hypnotherapy for my vomiting fear.

Sometimes I am overwhelmed by such fear I just cant seem to keep it together. I have only just found this forum, and it is suprisingly very reassuring.

I just wish my head wasnt so screwed up to make me feel like this.

Hugs

Hay x

trac67
31-03-06, 16:55
Hi Hay,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends.

Have you read the symptoms page, as this may reassure you that what you have is anxiety, the link is below, hope it helps :

Common Symptoms of Panic Attacks, Anxiety, Phobias and OCD. (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/NMPcms.php?nmppage=symptoms)

Take care

Trac xx

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwritten'

ruth
31-03-06, 16:59
Hi Hayles

Welcome to this site, here you will find loads of stuff on panic and anxiety disorders all of which I hope you will find helpful. Remember you are never alone here. It sure sounds like you have alot of stressful events going on in your life right now, which is probably why you are having a rough time at the moment, organizing your wedding is a big event in your life do not be too hard on yourself, good luck with it!!! I
am sure you will be fine. Do let us know how you are doing

Take care Love Ruthxx

a-little-room-to-breathe
31-03-06, 17:02
Hey!!
its great that you've come here, it took me about 3 weeks to decide to post (im new too) but i am so glad i did because everyone here is really friendly, you couldn't have come to a better place!!
if you ever need support or help, im here for you, and this website is a great place to find people who can help!!

katie
xxx

ps congratulations on your up-coming wedding!!

Alexandra
31-03-06, 19:50
Hi Hay

Welcome to the forum.

You will find lots of help & support on here.

Take Care

Alex

Many People Will Walk
In & Out Of Your Life
But Only True Friends
Will Leave Footprints
In Your Heart

tammyg
31-03-06, 21:26
Hi Hayles and welcome.

I have the same fear as you but have made so much progress with it since I first joined this site. Have a good read around and search for emetophobia to read past posts which you might find reassuring (that you're not alone!).

I hope you can start to make some progress with it soon and that you find some good support.

Tammy x

jackie
31-03-06, 21:47
hayley many of us could be reading about ourselves . you are not alone with the fear and the symptoms

i can assure you that fear can cause all your symptoms and more. have a look at the symptoms page and you will see how much people go through . also i feel you would have alot in common with many people in the health anxiety section of which i am. we all try to help eachother thruogh this and we will help you too

to cheer yourself up, have a look at the success stories section to see how people can get over their fears and how they achieved this

you will see your wedding, you are suffering anxiety and fear

i hope this helps

jackie

Karen
31-03-06, 22:16
Hi Hayley

Welcome to the forum.

You might find the following information helpful:

First Steps (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/default.asp?t=cms&c=firststeps)

Symptoms (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/default.asp?t=cms&c=symptoms)

Health Anxiety (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/default.asp?t=cms&c=healthanxiety)

Links post: Links to posts about Common Problems (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7784)

You will find a lot of help and support here.

Karen

Happiness is not a state to arrive at but a manner of travelling.

You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough ~ Christine Cagney, Cagney & Lacey

hayles
01-04-06, 18:36
Hey Guys,

Thanks for all your welcoming and supportive messages.
For the first time in quite a long time I feel positive about getting through this. Just knowing I am not alone has enabled me too peek out of the fog that I seem to have been sat in for a long time

Hugs to all

Hay x

chucklehound
02-04-06, 11:20
Hi Hayles and welcome to the forum

Take Care

Chucklehound

xxxx

rania
04-04-06, 21:38
hi im 39 years old i live in belgium last year i went on a diet and lost 25 kilos i then develloped panic disorder i didnt realise this and thought i was dying of some disease strangely enough i also suffered from a phobia about vomiting all through my childhood im on the mend now thanks to psycho therapie this has been the most dreadful time of my life

Jo3016
06-04-06, 14:40
Hi

I know exactly how you feel. I have had no end of episodes that can last months where I think I am have some terrible disease. Each time, I need to be convinced with hospital visits and tests to prove to me that I am physically healthy. Until then, I can not cure myself.

At the monent I am having almost continuous panic attacks about moving house and I can feel the adrenelin pumping through me. My heart is fast, my muscles are tense and I am over breathing.

You are not alone. This site is fantastic because it brings us all together to help eachother.

Good luck

Jo.

Jo Fitzgerald

Piglet
06-04-06, 15:33
A big welcome to the site :)

Love Piglet

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
"Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.