PDA

View Full Version : Getting better

Josx
11-02-11, 11:47
Hi all,
I am new on this forum and have posted only few times.
I originally started suffering with health anxiety in April 2010. I had some pretty bad periods but seeing my councillor regulary really helped.
Things have changed in the last few weeks and I have come to term with my anxiety, I no longer think I have health problem. Instead I have become anxious about the way I feel. Being full time mum of two children (18m and 4) I constantly fear the fear. So when I'm on my own with them and don't have plans to see other people I get fearful of being on my own. This has brought up agrophobia and panic attacks.
I truly hate it. I know i should try and not hate it so much but instead try and get on with it and accept it so i can move forward. I just don't know how to do this, where to start.
Feeling so anxious and panicky when alone and with kids is v frightening. :scared15:

london lad 27
11-02-11, 12:06
i feel your pain, my panic has returned after a few years where i had learnt to control it.its now grown on me again like it never was away but i know its not real and is just a body response .its awfully difficult for anybody to accept and i am struggling to do so again but i so much ache to be free surely there will be a time for me,i was once free of this so why cant i be again. gd luck i promise you are not the only 1 suffering

Josx
11-02-11, 15:23
Thanks for your reply.
It's nice to hear from people going trough same things as I, makes me feel less alone in this.
Have you been on any meds? Or ben trough cbt? I am waiting for my appt to come trough and really hope i'l be able to lear how to deal with it better, as at the moment instead of dealing with it i just fight it wich in turn makes it worse.
Jos