PDA

View Full Version : From cipralex to paroxetine??????????

englishguy43
11-02-11, 15:29
HI, WAS WONDERING WHETHER ANYONE HAD GONE FROM CIPRALEX TO PAROXETINE AND IF SO WAS IT WORTH IT?
I WAS CIPRALEX FOR 3 MONTHS - THE LAST MONTH BEING ON MAX DOSE OF 20mg PER DAY BUT FOUND THAT THEY WERE MAKING ME WORSE WITH ANXIETY AND PANIC.
WILL BE STARTING 30mg PAROXETINE TOMORROW MORNING BUT FEEL APPREHENSIVE TO SAY THE LEAST:weep:

elainey70
11-02-11, 15:44
Hi Englishguy,
I changed from Citalopram to paroxetine in September last year with no problems, this med has been a life saver for me in the past (was on it before for 14 years) and hopefully it will again. Good luck

englishguy43
11-02-11, 15:59
:DCheers Elaine, that gives me a little optimism. Did you notice any side affects in changing back to paroxetine? Jumping in at 30mg i`m a little concerned:winks:

elainey70
11-02-11, 16:50
Hi Englishguy

I didn't notice any side effects when switching, although i started at 20mg. Fingers crossed you will be alright. x

haz
11-02-11, 20:44
Escitalopram seemed to make me worse too. I was in the reverse situation - changing from paroxetine to escit. Paroxetine was great for me, was on it for 14 years too, unfortunately it stopped working last year and I'm on sertraline now. Are you cross tapering or just stopping escit completely one day and then starting paroxetine the next? Do you have any diazepam you could take if you need whilst your body is adjusting to the change?

Good Luck.