PDA

View Full Version : thoughts of ending my life

london lad 27
11-02-11, 19:07
just had a massive panic attack and i am still in it but it has eased,the thoughts i have are so real i just cant take it!!! i dont wana feel like that and i want to be free all i think about is sleeping as thats when i am at peace. im not sure if i can take much more i feel so hurt and drained that i have to go through it all again tommorow

olderfella
11-02-11, 19:49
If you realy feel like that please seek medical help asap,it wont always be like this

london lad 27
11-02-11, 19:52
see i know its a bad thought and it would be wrong of me but when the panic takes over it is so powerful i dont know what to do!!!! and wana escape it the best way i can.i dont wana go to hospital as i know this is panic and its not real but it does grab hold so hard sometimes you just wana find a way out

olderfella
11-02-11, 19:58
Most of us have experienced these thoughts,you know its not real but seeking medical help and getting medication could real help,hang iin there mate

london lad 27
11-02-11, 20:08
i am already on citalopram 40mg have been for a while,im just tryin to get threw it the more drugs i take make me feel like im going mad!!! i wana stay as sane as possible!!! does it honestly get better???please tell me!!!

olderfella
11-02-11, 20:12
yes it does get better i promise you,i was like you last year,your doc could alter your meds if they not working i used to take 60mg citalopram am now on escitalopram and just about normal,you will get better,sit down try and focus on good things slow down your breathing

Tish
11-02-11, 20:13
We understand what you're going through on here, a lot of us have been there. Please, please hang on, when you're at rock bottom, the only way is UP!
Keep posting.. you're not alone x

olderfella
11-02-11, 20:19
You still here london?

london lad 27
11-02-11, 20:19
i want to start climbing that ladder now see problem is climbed it once already and am now starting all over again!!! its like a tunnel with no light!!!

olderfella
11-02-11, 20:22
There will be light we all have set backs just need to get your meds right whilst we then try and find out what would help you best stay positive not negative

london lad 27
11-02-11, 20:24
yeah london buddy,positive thoughts i try but sometimes seem to pass me by but i do try to grab them,thing is older fella i had my panic under control till last sat then i had a major attack and have had a few since so i suppose it has just put the fear back into me

olderfella
11-02-11, 20:27
We all know the fear of the fear london,you also have said you had it under control you will again mate,i promise

london lad 27
11-02-11, 20:36
its just searching for a bit of light i am desperate for just a peek through a window!!! ive seen the light before but its now like the curtain has closed im desperate to see the light again

olderfella
11-02-11, 20:39
london the light will return you been ok for a couple of years,of course you feel shattered but you will be well again,it might see3m a million miles away but its not

sammi
11-02-11, 20:41
just had a massive panic attack and i am still in it but it has eased,the thoughts i have are so real i just cant take it!!! i dont wana feel like that and i want to be free all i think about is sleeping as thats when i am at peace. im not sure if i can take much more i feel so hurt and drained that i have to go through it all again tommorow

This will pass i promise. You need to speak to someone if you are feeling like this you can go to a&e and be asessed there. Please don't do anything stupid you do not understand the effect it will have on your loved ones. Please seek help.

london lad 27
11-02-11, 20:45
i do know the thought of taking my own life is irational and silly and would hurt people i care about,i know these feelings are not real but when the panic is there i just dont know how to escape it!!! older fella your a good man and when i get to the light the pints are on you!!

olderfella
11-02-11, 20:46
You get back to the light mate and i will get the beers in:)

london lad 27
11-02-11, 20:47
This will pass i promise. You need to speak to someone if you are feeling like this you can go to a&e and be asessed there. Please don't do anything stupid you do not understand the effect it will have on your loved ones. Please seek help.
sammi,i appreciate your support .i only ever see it as the possible way to escape a attack,my mum would kill me if i did anyway!!! i just hate the thought of seein it as an option that upsets me

london lad 27
11-02-11, 20:48
You get back to the light mate and i will get the beers in:)hehehe just desperate to ge there buddy!!! everyday im gona long for that light as there is nothing more i want in this world

olderfella
11-02-11, 20:53
Just stay positive and as sammi has said if things get to bad go to a&e,call someone,most of all get help if you need it mate we are here as well,

sammi
11-02-11, 20:55
You will get there hun it just takes time. Maybe go back and visit your gp. My brother tried to end his life thankfully didn't manage it but ended up in a bad way in intensive care this was devestating for my family also my brother it was a very traumatic time for us all. You can get through this. If you ever need to chat feel free to pm me x

anx mum
11-02-11, 21:20
You will get there hun it just takes time. Maybe go back and visit your gp. My brother tried to end his life thankfully didn't manage it but ended up in a bad way in intensive care this was devestating for my family also my brother it was a very traumatic time for us all. You can get through this. If you ever need to chat feel free to pm me x

Hi london just pm u hope u have calmed abit im Bev and like yourself im having awful panic attacks everyday there controlling me. I can really understand how ur feeling if u wanna chat pm me.

honeyp1e
12-02-11, 19:18
i am already on citalopram 40mg have been for a while,im just tryin to get threw it the more drugs i take make me feel like im going mad!!! i wana stay as sane as possible!!! does it honestly get better???please tell me!!!

how did these tablets make you feel when you first started them?