PDA

View Full Version : I felt my pulse while it was doing odd things

countrygirl
11-02-11, 20:26
Bit scary. I have had ectopics for over 20 years and used to the single ectopic with the thump in chest but 6 months ago I got weird feeling in chest and felt hot and bothered and then my heart was beating fast. I had 24hr ecg which showed multiple ectopics( as in more than one in a row) but nothing to bother about and then saw cardiologist. He was not concerned but I got a 3 week event moniter which I was supposed to hold to my chest and press on when I got the funny feeling but as the feeling only lasts a few seconds I don't know if I managed to get it in time will find out next week when I see him again.
Tonight i got the feeling again but instead of taking a deep breath and coughing to stop it like I usually do I felt my pulse - I had a fast regular pulse for maybe 6 beats then a long pause and a beat then another long pause and a beat then back to a faster beat. Obviously I will tell cardio this next week.
In the passt when I have been having ectopics and felt them my heart beat would be normal and steady then a short pause then back to normal and steady I didn't notice my heart beating faster or the pause being so long before.
Can anyone relate??

Typer
11-02-11, 20:38
Mine is always like that with ectopics....fast beats....pause, restart and off we go again.

countrygirl
11-02-11, 21:21
Thanks Typer - do you also get the hot flush and light headedness - this is new to me but may just be panic from the horrible feeling in chest.