PDA

View Full Version : extra boost of meds for depressive episodes

krees69
11-02-11, 20:40
Hi all
This is the first time I've ever come on one of these chat room things and haven't got a clue what to do apart from type-not even sure where this will end up!

Anyway-I have a long relationship with anxiety and medication( 20 years). I have tried LOADS of different meds over the years-paroxetine, Mirtazipine, amytriptiline(sic), citalopram, stertraline, and most recently venlafaxine-my oh my, what a cracker!-It got rid of my 'inertia', but i felt like i'd downed about 15 espresso's! (stertraline much the same).I am now withdrawing for Venla -not nice and restarting parox.

I am probably best on paroxitine or citalopram, but i get dips in my mood every so often, usually uping the dose helps, but for the last few times it hasn't, so my GP changes my meds which usually cures one at the expense of another- I was wondering if anyone out there has this problem and what do they do about it. I was wondering if anyone had experience of adding another drug to say the parox or cital rather than changing and of so what drugs have been most helpful??
thanks
Kath