PDA

View Full Version : Lymph nodes in groin

indigo
12-02-11, 10:20
Hi all,

I was shavingdown belowlast saturday when i felt my right lymph node in my groin was bigger than normal. Now the otherside is slightly raised too. I went to the docs and he said that they are upbut didn't think there was anything to worry about and to leave them for 2 weeks to see if they go down.

I did notice when i was shaving that all the hair folicles were red, i thinki used an old razor! Would this cause them to come up and has anyone else had this?

Thanks

allergyphobia
12-02-11, 13:30
Hi Indigo!! Thought I would reply as I actually have this at the moment!

My nodes are up on both sides and i'm continuiningly getting red folicles and lumps all over like blocked pores almost. It's very strange...

Sorry I can't be of any help at all, I've just been putting lots of moisturiser on and hoping they'll go down soon! it doesn't look very nice :( x x x

mum-of-4
12-02-11, 16:15
Hi

Sounds like you may have ingrowing hairs which are causing the red lumps. They could cause the lymph nodes to swell.

I have lymph nodes that can be felt in my armpits. I only noticed them in dec and my dr said to leave them for a few to weeks. They are still there and my dr sent me for an ultrasound for my peace of mind (she didn't think there was anything wrong) and the lymph nodes are aparantely well within the normal size. Sometimes they enlarge slightly due to infection and never completely go again.

Hope this helps.

indigo
12-02-11, 21:03
Thank you for your replies :)I haven't got the red hair follicles now as i haven't shaved since saturday:whistles:, so why are the lymph nodes still up??? How long do they take to go down, plus it doesn't help that i keep feeling them every hour, even when i wake during the night!!!

Rachel W
12-02-11, 22:47
Lymph nodes take a while to go down so I wouldn't worry about that at all. If the doctor was concerned he would have said something to that affect.
By the way, when you say they are larger than normal, do you feel them normally? I have heard that groin lymphs can often be felt. What is considered enlarged and where are they? Are they in the dent between pelvis and legs? I feel elongated lumps in the fleshy part but not in the gap. I have been worrying that they are enlarged, however when I lie down I can't feel them as much.

Just curious. Hope you feel better soon.

indigo
13-02-11, 08:33
Hi i feel those elongated things too and don't know what they are, tendons maybe??? Yes i can usually feel them but now can't remember how big they were before!!! They are just above the crease. All this poking around and i just seem to feel loads of things, probably doesn't help them going down either.

Rachel W
13-02-11, 18:10
No, poking glands will help them stay larger. I poke two particular glands in my neck and it just makes them more pronounced.