PDA

View Full Version : don't know what to do

mistyhaiz
12-02-11, 12:01
hi everyone i had my medical assessment on the 3rd of febuary i recently had a call to tell me i was no longer allowed to claim employment support allowence as i didn't score enough points, i'm dreading having to deal with looking for work as i never leave home if i do leave its for appointments only which i have to prepare myself for for hours and never go alone. as anybody else been in this situation and if so how did you deal with it ?. they have told me i can appeal about the decision but most of it was based on physical health not mental. i'm really worried sick about this.

MiniatureDisasters
12-02-11, 22:09
Hi Misty, you may know about this already but here are a couple of links that may help. I'd also advise going to the citizen's advice bureau for some impartial advice.

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/DisabledPeople/FinancialSupport/esa/DG_172032
http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/MoneyTaxAndBenefits/BenefitsTaxCreditsAndOtherSupport/BeginnersGuideToBenefits/DG_10013949

In the long term are you getting any help with what you're going through?

JOHN55
13-02-11, 13:17
I worked for a charity advice centre until we lost our funding !!
This is very common as government trying to get people off benefits - try not to worry see if you have a Welfare Rights Centre near to you who will help you and even prepare your appeal and even go with you.
If you can let me know which part of the country you are in I will made some enquiries for you.
Dont worry
John

mistyhaiz
13-02-11, 19:06
thanks guys for your support, john i live in dudley in the west midlands i can't thank you enough for offering to help me. it's ice to know someone knows what i'm going through x

janet
13-02-11, 19:25
I know several people this has happened too but they won their appeals,make sure they know exacatly how bad things are for you.

musicaldave
13-02-11, 20:39
I had my ATOS interview in Wolvo and was so uptight, it must have been obvious how I was. Do not be afraid to show them or tell them. Most appeals get through.Good luck.

JOHN55
13-02-11, 22:10
Try not to worry i wil contact people in your area and give you numbers to call advice will be free and supportive wish i was nearer so i could help !!
John x

JOHN55
14-02-11, 08:56
Hi
Try these in Dudley
Shelter 01384-816222
Dudley PCT 01384-239001
These should give you free advice and support or point you in the right direction.
Stick with it and you will get your rewards !!
Let me know how you get on.
John x

mistyhaiz
23-02-11, 13:32
hi john thank you so much for your help im sorry i haven't been intouch i've had problems with the internet. still don't know whats happening with my appeal still worried sick about it. tried those numbers you gave me one of them didn't deal with what i needed help for but the other number a lady answered who was kind enough to find someone to help. i will let you know whats happening as soon as i know. once again thank you, gail xx