PDA

View Full Version : so scared.. please help

misskitty
12-02-11, 12:44
I have posted before, but I need some reassurance please. I had my first major panic attack a few weeks ago. I had moved area to be with my boyfriend.. been there for about a month and had a few 'moments' but nothing big.. then I was on the phone to my mum one day and it just started.. the worse panic attack I think i ever had.. thought i was literally going mad.. and was convinced I had forgotten my dad, was about to forget my mum (who I was on the phone too??) etc.. anyway she managed to calm me down and then that evening when my boyf got home he toldme to pack up some stuff and he bought me back to my flat.

I just dont understand where this panic came from.. I had been doing so well, in a new town, new people, new house and new situation with my boyf being there every night etc.. and I seemed to be happy and coping and then wham!!

On the way back to my flat I got more panic attacks, I was terrified of coming home, and maybe it not feeling like 'home' anymore.. and thats whats happened :weep:

Now I feel lost. I cant seemtop switch my head off.. panic attacks are being kept away but feeling anxious all the time, with some really frighhtning thoughts. Can anyone help with suggestions of why I would cope so well and then get the worst panic out of the blue.. does it mean I wsnt really coping with the move deep down? I am so scared right now.. and got to make the desicion whteher to go back to the house by weds.. freeking out right now, sorry for typing errors but I'm panicing :(

Thyme
12-02-11, 13:44
Hi

Don't know why you should get an attack out of the blue. My first panic attack appeared like that and I still don't know how it happened. What I do know is that this attack has interfered with your life and I think you need to make an appointment to see your doctor to discuss how you might get control of this.

The good news is that if you managed to get on top of things once then you can do it again. I know that from experience. Never give up on yourself.

best of luck and take care Thyme

JOHN55
13-02-11, 13:24
Panic is very clever we sometimes just keep doing everyday things without thinking and without taking things for granted then all of a sudden a little thought appears to say your doing too well so im going to test and torment you to see if i can get back inside your head !! its at this point you can banish the thoughts for ever once YOU let the panic know YOU are in charge it will leave not an easy technique but ell worth persevering with.
Good luck
John

kerrie23
16-02-11, 10:52
All the things you described doing is a very big thing for anyone in their life especially moving! Although this is a positive thing for you, you may have felt overwhelmed but in a good way but the body is a complex thing as we all know it may have been just all a bit much for you emotions?? i dont know if this is how you feel but i know with me i can be really excited about doing something then all of a sudden the panic comes, the what ifs, etc, and the negative thinking comes along too, i often panic that im going to forget where i am or im going to get so scared my body just freezes and i cant move or talk. I have been having panic attacks now for 5 years but nothing ever bad has happened i just feel horrible. I find a good way when im feeling like im not quite there is do start noticing my surroundings and when im driving i push my body into the chair so i can feel my legs etc as i sometimes feel very numb.
you are not alone with these disturbing thoughts, i know its very hard but try to say STOP when your imagination starts running away with you otherwise before you know it you have spent the last half going over something that isnt really going to happen.
Hope this helps a little x