PDA

View Full Version : Living Life to The Full (CBT)

sealover
12-02-11, 14:11
Living Life to The Full Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT)

Here's a great web site i have tried myself and found it to be of great help with my panic/anxiety attacks...

The course has been written by a psychiatrist who has many years of experience using a Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT) approach and also in helping people use these skills in everday life. During the development phase of the course, each module has been used by a wide range of health care practitioners and members of the public.

Cognitive behaviour therapy (CBT) is an evidence-based and structured form of psychotherapy that aims to alter the unhelpful thinking (cognitions) and behaviour that commonly occur during times of distress. The model is fully compatible with the use of medication if this is indicated. The National Institute for Clinical Excellence (http://www.nice.org.uk/) provides an overview of the evidence supporting the effectiveness of CBT.

About the Site

The Living Life to the Full course is a life skills course that aims to provide access to high quality, practical and user-friendly training in life skills.
The course content teaches key knowledge in how to tackle and respond to issues/demands which we all meet in our everyday lives

The following outline gives an overview of the type of things the course covers:

Understanding why we feel as we do.
Practical problem solving skills.
Using Anxiety Control Training relaxation.
Overcoming Reduced activity .
Helpful and Unhelpful behaviours.
Using Medication effectively.
Noticing unhelpful thoughts.
Changing unhelpful thoughts.
Healthy living - sleep, food, diet and exercise.
Staying well.

Click Below To Visit Living Life To The Full ;)

http://www.llttf.com/

Hazel B
12-02-11, 19:53
I used this and it was helpful for "challenging unhelpful thoughts" and learning how to relax. The CBT worksheets are intensive but useful if you keep at it.

I found actual face to face counselling helped after online self-serve techniques, as you can discuss how you feel each week. I then measured my anxiety/depression level on the LLTF site afterwards to measure my recovery.

It's worth a try in the fight to get better.