PDA

View Full Version : Is It All About Timing?

mtatum4496
12-02-11, 15:33
As some of you may remember, part of my course of treatment includes specific vitamins my doctor instructed me to take to help strengthen my fatigued nerves. A vitamin B Complex is included especially for nerves and for energy, along with extra niacin (1000 mg a day, in two doses) to help manage cholesterol. Normally, I take my vitamins with breakfast.

For some reason this morning, I determined to delay taking my vitamins before leaving the house. For awhile now, I've had a suspicion that the B Complex may be causing some agitation for an hour or two once they begin to break down in my tummy, and perhaps that is why I sometimes find myself feeling a rush of anxiety and a panic attack coming on when running errands early in the day or even when going to church on Sunday mornings.

So, today I decided to hold off on the vitamins until later today, and head out to run some errands. So far today, I've been to the pharmacy to pick up a couple of prescriptions, gas up the car, grab something for breakfast and even braved Walmart to pick up some fresh fruit and a few other things. From there, I went a different drugstore to inquire if they still process those disposable cameras (my pharmacy doesn't offer that service anymore) and had a nice chat with the store rep as she directed me to the queue and provided me with the mailer packet for the camera.

The only distress I had was just before I was finished at Walmart, when I got that unsettling sensation of my feet not quite touching the ground (I'm sure others here have had that sensation, almost as if some invisible force was attempting to pick you up, leaving one with a bit of a floating feeling). It was a relatively mild episode, and once I had been through the checkout queue and taken my purchase to the car, it subsided immediately. All in all, I have to say the morning has been quite pleasant.

My question is - if any of you do take vitamins, in particular B vitamins, do you find they sometimes jack you up a bit for awhile? And what time of day do you prefer to take your vitamins? I'm considering shifting them to later in the day, either with lunch or possibly the evening meal, if I find they don't keep me awake.

I'm also wondering if maybe the time in my recovery has come to switch to an age-appropriate multivitamin that contains all the B vitamins, but at a lower dosage than my current B Complex provides. Perhaps I should put that on the list of things to discuss with my doctor when I go for my annual physical in a couple of months.