PDA

View Full Version : those people who make it all look so easy

wane
12-02-11, 19:25
I just look at my own personal struggle with social anxiety and severe depression and just continuing to remain feeling well and on top of the condition and cant believe those people who make it all look so easy. I realise that underneath their facade maybe they too are having a tough time but there will be/has got to be those who just take mental health for granted and who will never experience mental health problems and make everything look so easy.

ElizabethJane
12-02-11, 19:31
Dear Wane is there someone that you are thinking about from your own experience? EJ

jenbo50
21-02-11, 17:29
I understand.

I was diagnosed with Post Natal Depression and Anxiety Disorder after the birth of my son.
I struggle to take him to the toddler sessions, play centres etc. I often find myself just wishing I was like the other mums i see, laughing, smiling, looking slim, trim and super coping whilst I am struggling to ward off panic attacks and to even get through the doors.

I try to remember that underneath everyone has some kind of disability......but yes it's tough sometimes not to feel envious :-(

I've been through 8 months of CBT to help with coping strategies and just 3 weeks ago conceded to start some meds to help. So far I am not experiencing any improvement......fingers crossed though as am desperate to be a good mum and not miss out on my sons development xx