PDA

View Full Version : Hello

GunMetal
12-02-11, 21:47
Hi there,
i'm new to the forum and to all anxiety forums in general. I'm Jen and i'm 23. I have suffered from panic attacks/anxiety for about 10 years. They started off as occasional panic attacks, noone could ever find a trigger for them. I just had an attack one day and they've never gone away again. Now though its more just constant anxiety. I never really get panic attacks where it is sudden fear and hyperventilating like i used to. Now its more just being constantly anxious and working things up in my head so much where it gets to a point i just want to hide in the corner of a dark room or something!
Despite all this i have been really lucky in finding an amazing partner who i live with in our own house with a lovely dog, have worked full time as a HCA for nearly 4 years and on the outside, seem like i have everything together! But the reality is I get up and struggle through work, and go home. Thats my life because i'm too anxious to do anything social and get too exhausted by fighting my way through work that i don't have the energy to fight for anything else. As well and leaving me exhausted i also get extreme stomach problems/indigestion from the anxiety which something leaves me hardly able to eat. I could really go on and on but i think thats enough for one post!

nomorepanic
12-02-11, 21:52
Hi GunMetal

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes