PDA

View Full Version : stabbing pain in chest/throat

daisycake
13-02-11, 00:29
Hoping someone can help - I've got sharp stabbing pain in my chest and throat (bang in the centre) - very sore, could it be heartburn? Taken gaviscon which had zero effect! Makes me feel like I need to cough?

macc noodle
13-02-11, 00:35
Hi Daisycake

Try drinking some boiled water (obviously let it cool down slightly before drinking) and see if that helps.

If you are concerned, perhaps you should ring NHS Direct for some advice? I am sure talking it through with them and their symptom checker should help to put your mind at rest.

Take care

:hugs:

nomorepanic
13-02-11, 00:37
sounds like heart burn to me

Milk helps me

daisycake
13-02-11, 00:42
Yeah have tried that, it did help a bit - as in milk - it is coming and going in severity so I presume is OK, was fine when I stood up to get the milk - then came back as soon as I sat down again! Could be because I am sitting hunched over my laptop as well I guess...

Boiled water sounds a good idea - might just drink the hot water from tap though as opposed to switching gas cooker on at this time!

macc noodle
13-02-11, 00:44
If it is relieved when you stand up sounds possibly muscular ?

Hope you get a good night's sleep and it is gone in the morning.

Night Night

Jan

:)

daisycake
13-02-11, 00:46
Hopefully! You too, night :) x

paco
13-02-11, 01:43
If your going the hot water route why not try tea? Maybe Chamomeal tea? I like warm milk. I think either will help you relax.