PDA

View Full Version : Hello From Dave

mirandasdad
13-02-11, 03:49
Hello my name is Dave. I have a long history of GAD with minor panic attacks. A doctor put me on Xanax about a decade ago. In 2006 my mother passed away and my GAD turned into a panic disorder. Shortly after I became agoraphobic and was housebound about three years. I found on the internet forums about the dangers of long term use of medications like Xanax. When taken for a long time they cause the things they were meant to treat. So I very slowly got off the Xanax. It was very difficult but I did and the panic and agoraphobia were leaving. About 5 months ago my wife became Ill and I had a panic attack and haven’t been the same since. Yesterday I had the worst panic attack I’ve ever had. These online forums say this is a result of a post withdrawal syndrome that can take up to two years to go away. I’m not sure what to believe. I would love to hear imput about this and from others who have overcome panic and agoraphobia. Thanks :)

nomorepanic
13-02-11, 04:02
Hi mirandasdad

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.