PDA

View Full Version : false starts

a-little-room-to-breathe
31-03-06, 22:07
sorry to post so often, but i just wanted to know if anyone else got what i get.
after you've had a panic attack, once you've calmed down, does anyone else get little panicky moments for ages afterwards, like you're about o have another one except that you dont? because i always get them.

sorry bout posting so often[:I]

love katie xxx

Karen
31-03-06, 22:30
Hi Katie

No need to apologise for posting but it might be helpful to keep to one thread so people can follow it more easily.

It is common to experience lingering anxiety after a panic attack and you are certainly not alone in this.

Karen

Happiness is not a state to arrive at but a manner of travelling.

You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough ~ Christine Cagney, Cagney & Lacey

Alexandra
31-03-06, 23:28
Hi Hun

As Karen has said no need for any apologising you ask away Katie.

I agree with what karen has said that panic attacks can linger & i have gone through just that myself so i too can join you there.

Take Care

Alex

Many People Will Walk
In & Out Of Your Life
But Only True Friends
Will Leave Footprints
In Your Heart

crazychick
31-03-06, 23:34
i find the feelings and panicky moments can stay round for ages afterwards. I get that all the time and it maes me fear having another one straight after and for hours after though it rarely does happen.
lauren

mandie
22-05-08, 22:51
Hi

I always feel panicky after an attack and the feeling last for ages.

mandie x

popsy
23-05-08, 12:03
I definitely do, it can last all day and sometimes i wake up the next morning still like it. It goes in the end tho, just takes time and patience - which i dont have much of LOL!!!
C xxx

neptuno
23-05-08, 17:27
Yep, me too ! I think of it as shock waves just jangling my already tense body.
Be kind to yourself

cassi23
23-05-08, 21:54
hey!

I don't even have to have experienced a panick attack to get these panicky moments - i have at least 2 a day and they cause general anxiety afterwards - truth be told i think im getting worse!

Char xxx