PDA

View Full Version : Antidepressants while pregnant?

fairyqueen
13-02-11, 15:47
Hi there - just wondered if anyone has taken anti D's while pregnant? I am just 6 weeks pregnant and taking 100mgs of zoloft. I did take it on my last pregnancy but that was about 18 weeks into it. I cant see myself managing without them. I have been self harming and last week had to get 8 stitches in my leg. I now have an incentive to stop the cutting - the baby! I guess I'm just looking for reassurance that my baby will be ok if I take the Zoloft throughout the pregnancy?

Thanks for reading. :)

Thyme
13-02-11, 16:30
Hi

I think this is one of those occasions where you must speak with your doctor or midwife. If you haven't already seen anyone please do so. You could try googling the meds to check what is said about them.

Hope everything goes well...keep us posted.

Take care Thyme

ElizabethJane
13-02-11, 17:31
Hi

I think this is one of those occasions where you must speak with your doctor or midwife. If you haven't already seen anyone please do so. You could try googling the meds to check what is said about them.

Hope everything goes well...keep us posted.

Take care Thyme
I agree with Thyme here as it your mental health that is at stake yours and the babys. I took dothiepin for most of my pregnancy apart for the first three months. I believe that I was on a low maintenance dose. If your SH is as bad as you describe then they might keep you on it. The baby is developing all its vital organs in the first few months. Take care and make sure you have some sort of help for your SH apart from stitches that is. Let us know how you get on. EJ.

fairyqueen
13-02-11, 18:40
Thanks for the reply guys - I will be seeing the doctor tomorrow hopefully, so I will know better then what to do! I'll let you know what she says. :)