PDA

View Full Version : 150mg pregabalin doing nothing.

sandy40
13-02-11, 17:34
Ive beeen of pregabalin for a few months i take 2 x 75mg daily for anxiety but if anything im worse..i feel like stopping them,i also take 15mg mertazapine at night but again im at all all time high with my worries, i dont know what do to,im back to crying all the time and i feel just awful.

KK77
13-02-11, 18:17
You may need a higher dose of pregabalin Sandy. I'm on 300mg daily, although not for anxiety. Max dose is 600mg so I would try increasing it before you give up. Finding the right dose can be hard.

You could also try increasing the mirt and see whether that helps. Have a chat with your GP/doc as I'm sure there's a way forward here.

JT69
14-02-11, 17:38
Hi Sandy,

15mg is not a very theraputic dose of mirtazipine they say, so I guess you need to speak to your GP about a possible increase. I found 30mg helped me more. I take 2x100mg of pregabalin too (morning and at night), this has helped me with anxiety.

Sorry you feel so crap...not nice I know....make that appointment and see if the difference helps!!

Take care
JO.xx

SuziDusk
03-03-11, 11:38
I am on 3x100mg of Pregabalin which at first was fine, but since I have had a lot of other things happen in my life my anxiety has increased. I have done a lot of research and I have an appointment today to see my psych. She is not a fan of pregabalin and I think will wish to stop them, but I feel that until they can get me onto CBT and it starts to work, an increase of pregab, maybe 600mg and mirtazipine at night just maybe 30mg to help me sleep would be fine just for the next month or so, does this seem about right or do you think it would be too much especially as I am on methadone and diazapam as well. As pregab is a newish drug she has not prescribed it before she is pretty wary of it, but it worked for me really well until my anxiety increased with certain circumstances in my life and the pregab only lasts for about an hour b4 I start to feel panicky again so to me it would seem a reasonable solution. My life will improve with the CBT I dont doubt that and I dont wish to stay on meds as b4 I became agoraphobic I was decreasing on my methadone, but its all gone totally pear shaped now, and need something to help me in the meantime. Heellpppp

SuziDusk
04-03-11, 13:31
Just thought I would update u on my visit to the psych yesterday. I have to say that I took my lunchtime dose about an hour b4 I went, and I was in a real state when I got to the hospital, and stupidly I got there half an hour too early so I sat for a while in a real state, however an aquaintance of mine who I hadnt seen for ages came in so I had someone to talk to and she to is in the first stages of agoraphobia but seems to be pretty much dealing with it, but she gave me her phone number and she said to ring if I ever needed anyone to go out to town with of anything like that which was really good of her. Anyway, I digress, eventually I got in to see the psych and my keyworker came in with us. I was in the stages of pretty close to having a panic attack when I went in, but it was good as I had known them both for a long time I was able to sit down and talk about what was going on and I could feel myself gradually calming down. Anyway, I wont go into the conversation, but the outcome of it was that they gave me some advice on what to do about the root cause of my panic, my ex and his imminent parole, and to me it became apparent that my agarophobia/panic attacts were like a tree, the root cause as I said was my ex and everything else that normally I would have been able to deal with are the branches shooting of the trunk, the larger things the bigger branches and the smaller ones the smaller issues. I was told that she was happy to keep me on the pregabalin, which is what I was worried about as she isnt keen on it as I explained, she called it a dirty drug, which I didnt understand really so if there is anyone that can tell me what she may mean by that I would appreciate it. I should have asked, but I really had so much going on in my head I didnt think too. But anyway she put it up to 3x150mg daily so basically 450mg, and to be honest I really was a bit sceptical about that being enough, but she did say that if it was not helping she would put it up as I am not on the highest dose for the G A D (General Anxiety Disorder) so I am now on my first morning of the extra 50mg on each dose and to be honest I feel really calm to the point in fact of feeling a bit spacy which suprises me as I didnt think it would make any difference, but I have to go out in a short while and I am not feeling any where close to the panicky feeling I was having previously. I also asked about having a dose of mirtazapine to help me sleep at night but she didnt want to dose me up to much with medication which is fair enough, so she is getting me an appointment with the Occupational Therapist (?) who will do a risk assesment on me and will then work with me to try and control my anxiety not sure how it will work so again if anyone has had experience of seeing an OT for anxiety I would appreciate any info. I am also on the waiting list for CBT but there is a waiting list so it could be the summer before I get to see her, so will just have to hope the OT helps a bit for me.
I have just come back from the chemist I thought I would leave this so I could add how I felt going there on my own as I usually do. I am normally OK going there I have been doing it for 4 years or more so I just put on my MP3 and listen to that and just concentrate on my breathing so I am coping with it. But today I was just leaving the front door and I just started a panic attack, no reason, just started to shake and felt sick and just basically wanting to run back in, but I persevered by ringing my daughter and talking to her for a while while I was walking and that calmed me down, enough to get to the chemist and back, although when I got back I was sweating profusely and very jumpy. Why I dont know but I am home now and safe, and thats that for another day. Hopefully tomorrow the extra pregab will have made a difference and I wont feel so bad. And I really must remember to take my headphones as I had to put my mp3 on without and pester the passers by with Ke$ha, thats one side effect I have noticed my memory is useless on the pregab, I am totally forgetful and ditzy but I am not putting myself at risk in anyway and as I dont work I am on sick benefit. Just put the telly on and my favorite ever film is on Breakfast at Tiffanys so that will cheer me up and keep me from negative thoughts for a while :yesyes: