PDA

View Full Version : Chest pain

anx mum
13-02-11, 18:35
Been dianoigsed with costochondritis anyone else had this?

nomorepanic
13-02-11, 18:40
Who diagnosed it ?

There are a few on here with it - use the search facility and you will be able to find their posts.

anx mum
13-02-11, 18:44
Who diagnosed it ?

There are a few on here with it - use the search facility and you will be able to find their posts.

Doctor today cos been having sharp pains in chest will have a look at there posts

nomorepanic
13-02-11, 18:49
Yeah it is quite common. What have they given you for it?

anx mum
13-02-11, 18:50
Yeah it is quite common. What have they given you for it?

diclfenic not spelt that right

sammi
13-02-11, 19:18
Been dianoigsed with costochondritis anyone else had this?

Never heard of it, hope its nothing serious x

daisycake
13-02-11, 19:28
Oh I had that plus Gastritis over Christmas, its not fun at all... Lots of hot baths and hot bottles - you could maybe also book yourself in for a massage? :D hope you feel better soon, PM anytime x

countrygirl
13-02-11, 19:31
I get that - it bothers me a few times a year and gives me terrible stabbing pains on either left or right side of my chest - about top of boob level but not right next to breastbone as I would expect about two inches either side.

I was so convinced it was a heart attack that my Dr did the blood test to see if it was heart attack for me just so I would believe her:blush::blush:

kah
13-02-11, 20:47
My Mother-in Law has this and had such a bad attack just before Xmas that she was rushed to hospital with a suspected heart attack!
The good news though is that although very painful, it is not life-threatening in the slightest. After hearing all about it from my MIL my only advice would be to take it easy until the pain wears off because any physical activity will make the pain worse, she's still in pain now and it's been 8 weeks since she was taken to hospital. Glad you finally got a diagnosis, hope it helps to ease your HA.

K xx

anx mum
13-02-11, 20:51
My Mother-in Law has this and had such a bad attack just before Xmas that she was rushed to hospital with a suspected heart attack!
The good news though is that although very painful, it is not life-threatening in the slightest. After hearing all about it from my MIL my only advice would be to take it easy until the pain wears off because any physical activity will make the pain worse, she's still in pain now and it's been 8 weeks since she was taken to hospital. Glad you finally got a diagnosis, hope it helps to ease your HA.

K xx

How did they know it wasent a heart attack how did they diagnos her? In alot of pain did she take pain relief?

kah
13-02-11, 21:02
They kept her in hospital over-night and did tests on her, I think she had a scan, blood tests and heart monitor every couple of hours. She's on diclofenac (spelt wrong I think!) and ibuprofen. She finds putting a hot water bottle on her chest helps a lot.

K xx

anx mum
13-02-11, 21:08
They kept her in hospital over-night and did tests on her, I think she had a scan, blood tests and heart monitor every couple of hours. She's on diclofenac (spelt wrong I think!) and ibuprofen. She finds putting a hot water bottle on her chest helps a lot.

K xx

Yeah im on diclofenac too is hers on her breastbone? How long he had it?Has it got any better?

kah
13-02-11, 21:14
Yes she gets pain on her breastbone and also on her ribs, going round to her back. She's had it for a few years I think and it comes & goes but this time it came back a few weeks before Xmas, but suddenly got worse a few days before Xmas which is when she got rushed to hospital. The pain is still there but it's slowly getting better.
I think most people who have it have bad spells but also spells where it causes them no problems at all. It's quite important to rest when it's bad as activity will make the pain worse and pro-long it.

K xx

anx mum
13-02-11, 21:19
Yes she gets pain on her breastbone and also on her ribs, going round to her back. She's had it for a few years I think and it comes & goes but this time it came back a few weeks before Xmas, but suddenly got worse a few days before Xmas which is when she got rushed to hospital. The pain is still there but it's slowly getting better.
I think most people who have it have bad spells but also spells where it causes them no problems at all. It's quite important to rest when it's bad as activity will make the pain worse and pro-long it.

K xx

Yeah very painful got like sharp pains its horrible cos u think all sorts had an ecg done today said it was normal

kah
13-02-11, 21:21
Yes my MIL said it's very painful. At least you know what the pain is now and you can stop worrying, especially if you've had a ECG and it was fine. Just take it easy, rest lots and I'm sure the pain will go soon enough.

K xx

anx mum
13-02-11, 21:26
Yes my MIL said it's very painful. At least you know what the pain is now and you can stop worrying, especially if you've had a ECG and it was fine. Just take it easy, rest lots and I'm sure the pain will go soon enough.

K xx

thanx kah x