PDA

View Full Version : Im scared, worried and dont know what to do

worriedgirl21
13-02-11, 19:58
Hello there, Im a 22 year old woman. I developed anxiety during the summer and it has been with me ever since. It is not full blown panic attacks but more an anxiety that just creeps up on me. i am in my final year of university and I am struggling to get motivated and my concentration id terrible.

In October of last year, I was prescribed anti-depressants to which I had a severe reaction to so I came off of those. My mood is great - except for the anxiety which is impacting on it all the time. I definetely also have health anxiety as I am constantly aware of all body sensations in particular I fear having a heart attack or a stroke.

Ive been having constant headaches and am constantly fatigued.

Could someone please offer me advice, id be so grateful

nomorepanic
13-02-11, 20:00
Hi worriedgirl21

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

BadReligion
13-02-11, 20:13
Hi WorriedGirl,

Have you been to a psych about this at all?

Most GP's dont have a clue what they are doing when it comes to these matters, I would advise you go ask about seeing a psych to maybe get you on some more productive meds.

they may prescribe you some weak benzodiazepines which can work wonders and in your case of being a student it may be a god send, but benzo's are addictive too so there can be a bit of a stigma around them.

Although this is only because GP's decided to hand them out like sweets as a cure all a couple of decades ago and got near on an entire generation hooked on them. typical that we pay the price for their mistakes really.

If you ever want to talk to someone feel free to pm me, as I know where your coming from.

Hope everything works out! get to the GP and ask about a psych appointment! :D

Ben.

Greenman50
13-02-11, 21:19
Hi and :welcome:

What meds was it you was on ?

worriedgirl21
13-02-11, 22:28
hi, it was escitalopram 10mg that they put me on! such adverse reactions though i had to come off. my doctor said i was just one of the unlucky ones.