PDA

View Full Version : Sick of this feeling...

sunkiss
13-02-11, 23:19
Hello,

I've decided after much suffering that I need to sort out my anxiety. Problem is, I've had in since I was 12 and I'm 28 now...a long, long time that my heart feels panic attacks are actually normal now. The only way I can describe it is that adrenaline rush you get when you've got a job interview, or just been told some very, very alarming news etc..problem is I get this about 4 times a day on average, and also wake in the night feeling like I'm dying..my heart feels like it's going to explode.

I have bouts when it is especially bad, but I've never gone months where I haven't had a feeling of dread. I experienced a spell of depression a few years ago, but this isn't depression, it's worrying about everything/anything all the time. I have to lead a fairly busy life, because if I don't it gets worse.

My brain functions at a million miles per hour and never slows down,- I have also started to believe many conspiracy theories now, which I've heard is a sigh of paranoia.

I lye awake and worry about things going on in other Countries and stuff I KNOW I shouldn't be getting so stressed about..I just want my mind to SLOW down, I'm sick of it.

I would be really interested to hear from others who have advice, I have already read through the forum and just wish I'd joined sooner. Please someone tell me after I've suffered for a long 16 years this can actually be cured?!!! The ONLY thing that does help me is massage, it transports me into a beautiful, peaceful, slow moving, floaty world for an hour and then plumps me back in my normal crappy world 20 mins after the treatment has ended.

I have never taken any kind of recreational drug, rarely drink alcohol and don't smoke. I feel like crying, I want all this to end.

Sunkiss. :blush:

diane07
13-02-11, 23:21
Hi sunkiss

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.