PDA

View Full Version : agoraphobia

bomberbeamish
14-02-11, 10:39
hi guys, ive suffered for a long time and had some sucess in the past but i just cant get the guts to keep going at it as much as i should. but something has changed not only do i worry about jouney,, but now i worry i wont get home. i used to be ok and think once im there its fine i be fine coming home and i was,, but all of sudden i worry the roads mite be blocked or tree down,, i live in a place where there lots of lanes, people say just do it and keep doing it and it gets easyier but it dont. even just to go to shop which i do most days, its only round coner but i struggle somtimes its not getting easier. i cant see how you can get over agoraphobia has any one? how long did it take? :weep:

macc noodle
14-02-11, 10:42
Hi bomberbeamish,

Sorry never had agoraphobia (although there have been many times when I have not gone out of the house for ages but then have no problem when I do actually have to go out).

However, just wanted to say - have you ever had any help with conquering it? Any counselling etc?

How far can you get without having to return home?

Jan
x

bomberbeamish
14-02-11, 10:55
hi,, yes ive had counselling,, hypno,, many courses of cbt, ive had people from mental health to do jouneys with me, we have tried most things.

london
14-02-11, 10:56
your tough you can do it easy god bless
never give up