PDA

View Full Version : please share

tash1969
14-02-11, 12:21
my other half has been on cit 3 weeks 2moro... could some of you please share how long and how it made a difference to you in how you felt etc i am trying to understand it all many thanks x

Freesolo
14-02-11, 14:00
I took 10mg for 11 days that upped to 20mg started to feel some benifits around 4 weeks, felt my mood lift and my anxiety go down slightly just felt more at ease with myself..
ive been on citalopram for 3 months now and it hasnt all been good ive had lots of ups and downs, recently just increased my dosage to 30mg to see if it helps me.
Its no miracle pill but i definatley feel there are benifits from taking it

bexy1970
14-02-11, 14:04
this med has turned my life around,please dont give up,im on 30mg now xx

tash1969
14-02-11, 14:09
hi bex, how did it improve your life how did it make you feel he absolutely hates himself i just cant make him see we love him he thinks we deserve better x

Stezzle
15-02-11, 20:36
Have you considered telling him about this forum? He can talk to people who are going through the same experiences and struggles and therefore not feel so alone.

We all felt alone, lost and upset that we have been given this cribbing curse of anxiety etc. By coming here, he can talk to like minded people who know what he is feeling and experiencing. He just needs to talk to someone who understands what he is going through in his head and vent. He probably doesn't want to talk to his loved ones because he may feel ashamed and also the Citalopram can make you feel low at the beginning.

tash1969
21-02-11, 22:11
he doesnt want to do anything he thinks its all crap i posted the cit survival guide to him he just doesnt care he doesnt care bout anything drives me nuts i try to help him but he's not interested.
when i am going through different things i like to know everything about it and people that have gone through it but he is so different from me he just doesnt care

Greenman50
22-02-11, 22:50
Hi Tash

It maybe that he is so down at the moment he can,t get out of the hole he is in to get to a better place at the moment .

Things will get better but it takes time .

:hugs:

Lizziesaurus
22-02-11, 23:07
Citalopram didn't help me, I had effects (hypomania and not needing any sleep) about 3 weeks in, 7 weeks in I was totally numb which was almost worse, it was horrible not feeling anything; I then came off them and went onto sertraline which also didn't help. Unfortunately it's a case of trial and error in finding what works for someone and the way people react to meds differs greatly for everyone.
If by week 8 there's no improvement, go back to the doctor and ask for either an increase in dosage if it's slightly helped but not enough or to change to something else if it's been a total flop.

He may also be so resistant due to the fact that he's a man, of course I don't know him but generally most guys don't like to show signs of weakness, maybe he believes opening up and coming on here will be admitting it?
Just keep letting him know you're there for him, don't keep bugging him about things, and try not to show your frustration in front of him.

tash1969
04-03-11, 12:59
thanks lizzie,
I am trying to understand him and this illness im reading books talking to my councillor and am a member here so i cant do anymore than that, i dont put pressure on him and i stay calm now i just feel like he is hurting me when he could so easily not it has chhanged him so much it scares me xx

NoPoet
04-03-11, 13:54
I was on cit for 2 years. 20mg did help but I was still anxious all the time. 30mg made me more tired but helped me get my life back on track. It involved a lot of effort on my part though - anyone who is on medication must also seek other types of help such as counselling and CBT, and must also make efforts to change the way they think and even how they live their lives. It's a long series of small steps rather a couple of major changes.