PDA

View Full Version : hello all

undercharged
14-02-11, 15:07
hey,male 39 from the UK. new here been on sertralin 100mg for about 11 months now and am thinking of coming off it, any help/advice would be much appreciated. have been lurking for a while and you think you really are a great community doing a great job!!:D

nomorepanic
14-02-11, 15:08
Hi undercharged

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

Vanilla Sky
14-02-11, 21:24
Hi and welcome to NMP :welcome:
Paige x

mel1972
15-02-11, 22:00
I was on Sertraline for approx 10-11 months before coming off of it, It's not easy and I do have my wobbles every now and then and think i am going back to square one but these are few and far between.
But please make sure you follow what your GP advises you with regards to withdrawl and dont just stop.
Good Luck
Mel

SHYGIRLAJB
15-02-11, 22:20
Hi, undercharged.

Just was wondering how come you are thinking about coming off it. Sorry just was wondering. Welcome to the NMP, hope you find this site useful and make new friends.

Anita.

undercharged
16-02-11, 14:07
hi Anita,

i have a 22 month old daughter conceived through fertility treatment, we are planning on trying again. i know conventional wisdom might suggest staying on them during the treatment but i feel i can be of more support to my wife if i wasn't. i feel that knowing that the crutch of antidepressants is there if i ever need them may help me in the long term, meanwhile i'd like to give it a go (but slowly mind you!!)

I feel through therapy and a lot of self realization i'm better equipped now to deal with life, but personally i won't really feel defeated if i do have to go back on them, hopefully i'll see it as just one of those things.

Ranj