PDA

View Full Version : Ceraxette - Mini Pill

turnthelighton
14-02-11, 17:52
Hello, been on this pill for just over a week and dont feel good. I ache all over, back ache, period like pains and feel very sad.

Also feel tired and a bit all over the place.

Im so tempted to Dr Google but I know I will go into over drive.

Not sure if it is the pill or something else.

Any advice would be welcome. Thank you

nomorepanic
14-02-11, 18:13
I will move this to the women's health forum for you

turnthelighton
15-02-11, 09:14
Think I may have to come off these, dont feel right at all :-(

diane07
15-02-11, 09:17
Is it cerazette you are taking?

turnthelighton
15-02-11, 09:20
Hi, yes it is

diane07
15-02-11, 09:27
I have been on this for a good few years now and i have to say the first few months of my taking it was a nightmare, i stuck it out and it worked out good for me.

Discuss it with your gp and see what they say, mine encouraged me to stick with it, but you should speak to your own doc as some people just don't agree with it.

I know its not much help but only your doc can advise you.

di xx

Amanda74
15-02-11, 09:43
I have been prescribed these as well - havent started taking them yet.

Last time I took the contraceptive pill I had a stroke. I know that this is the mini pill and doesnt contain the hormone that can cause problems such as strokes- but im still worried about taking it

What do you mean by nightmare for the first few months - just about to start a new job and dont want to be ill

Amanda

diane07
15-02-11, 10:03
Nightmare as in i kept bleeding for the first few months every day, it took months for it to get in my system, but once it did its been fab for me.

turnthelighton
15-02-11, 10:26
One thing I dont have is the bleeding, it is the aches and pains that are getting me down.

diane07
15-02-11, 10:30
Go back the docs hun, it may be the pill or it may not, i don't recall having any aches and pains, but as it is so many years ago i can't remember.

harasgenster
15-02-11, 13:40
Hi
I would strongly suggest leaving it another week. I felt awful in the first two weeks but haven't had any trouble since.

Often docs won't take you off until you've "given it a proper try", as they say! You get side effects in the first couple of weeks. If it doesn't go away within three weeks go to your doc :)

I had CRAZY mood swings for a fortnight and my breasts were killing me! Been on them three weeks now and I'm completely back to normal.