PDA

View Full Version : Blood Boling! Is this a panic attack?

Emjxxx
15-02-11, 04:20
Hi 3.5 weeks ago i had what the doctors thought was a bad reaction to Citalopram which i had been taking for 8 days. I posted on the citalopram forum here and was reassured that it was a bad reaction to the meds. I was so relieved to know that it would go away and i would never have to feel like it again. It took a week for the meds to get out of my system and for me to feel normal again and i have been feeling fab since and have not gone back on any anti d's.

Well I woke this morning at 3am and felt very very sick, my stomach was churning and i had diarrhoea and was actually sick, my mouth was so so dry, i was shaking and then the blood boiling started again, it was horrendous i was on fire, my chest was tight, my heart was beating so fast and hard i thought it was going to pop out of my chest!

Am i unwell, do i have an upset stomach and the feelings of being unwell have brought on a panic attack, or is the whole thing a panic attack and if so why? why would i wake at 3am from a perfectly normal sleep and stress free day to have a panic attack? I can't even begin to imagine what i was panicking over!

I have found a real peace and calm since having what was thought to be a bad reaction to citalopram and have been feeling fab. I'm very confused.

Can anyone shed any light?

willitstop
15-02-11, 08:48
it sounds lke you have a sickness bug that made you have a panic attack if it happens again without the sickness ect go back to your doctors xx

Kelley
15-02-11, 12:36
Hi Emj.
I had the exact same experience with meds about 18 months ago. My panic attacks reached a whole new level while medicated for a couple of weeks. I absolutely believed I was about to die. The ones which woke me at 3am were so frightening. Unfortunately they are going to take a little while longer to completely leave your system but they will and you will feel a little more in control. The burning you describe really threw me because of all the threads and info I have read during my experiences I have never seen anyone describe the burning feeling! It's prob the thing that makes the panic come on so strong because it feels so threatening and strange. My burning went up my back and down my arms and then through the whole body, I also had a funny taste in my mouth. Once the meds were out of my system though I never had these specific sensations again, thank the lord! You will be ok too, stay positive and keep posting your experiences and concerns so we can keep you strong.

Kel :-)