PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone ever feel "healthy?"

15-02-11, 05:21
I keep thinking back and I can't really recall a day where I felt "healthy" and was not worrying or feeling some sort of problem. Do normal people feel healthy most of the time? How do they ignore or manage the "issues" they have? How can people live with so many conditions and not worry about their health? What does it feel like to have a "healthy" day where no health problems or issues are bothering you? :shrug:

I wish I could experience a day like this, or many more.

kah
15-02-11, 08:13
Simple answer - NO!!!!!
I can't remember the last time I actually felt 'well' but I WILL get better, I have to for my 2 little girls.

K xx

mellissa
15-02-11, 08:19
same here....I never feel "normal" whatever that is. I know I need to get better it's just a matter of time I am sure

hanlo
15-02-11, 08:38
nope i never do i always have a pain , twitch ,headache somewhere everyday ust gets on my nerves..evan when im not anxcious im in pain but according to the dr im fine, well i dont feel it !!!

countrygirl
15-02-11, 11:31
Every single morning I get up and think it can't be healthy to feel as bad as I do:D- I have felt like this for past 20 years - I never have a day where I am symptom free. I do have quite a few chronic health problems that will give me symptoms every day anyway. I have always said that if I didn't have any symptoms I would not worry and I always assume that everyone else feels healthy and has no symptoms but of course this is rubbish and my husband says loads of people feel dreadful but the difference is they don't worry about it - he has quite a few health problems like diabetes and very damaged spine and he is in alot of pain most of the time and feels yuk, he gets miserable about it but never worries and thats the difference between someone with HA and someone without.

The other difference is that people without HA don't often mention their ill health or symptoms because it is not the most pressing thing to them so this perpetuates the myth with us that they must feel wonderful:) when they actually don't whereas we want to tell everyone how we feel so that we can get constant reassurance.

Greenman50
15-02-11, 23:57
I,ve always had a bad knee , sore feet due to my job , ibs , hangover headaches now and again , feeling tired etc etc etc .

The difference now is i worry about these things , still i had 45 years without worrying so i should think myself lucky !

These citalapram really help , the longer i,m on them the more like my old self i feel , got heartburn today , my knees knackered a few other aches and pains but i,m not worrying about them as much and i,m getting on with my life , the less i focus on them , the more they seem to get put to the back of my mind .

blueangel
16-02-11, 08:54
I think I feel physically healthy quite a lot of the time - I know that in the end, it's usually my mind that is the issue, so for me it's about overriding what's in my head.

Groundhog
16-02-11, 09:42
I personally don’t think it’s about whether you feel healthy but more how your head deals with perceived illness / aches and pains.

How many people in the world got up this morning with an ache or pain – must be billions and billions. 99% new it was just how they slept, an ongoing weakness, old age etc etc and got on with it. HA sufferers assume the worst, get up with a head ache its a brain tumour – major panic – start noticing other symptoms that are brought on with the stress and overactive mind.

OK I work in a secondary school as a cover tutor, I deliver lessons for absent teachers, we are a team of eight against 90 – 95 teachers and as a rule we are gamefully employed all day. Basically at any one time 10% of the teaching staff are sick. Add to that the ones that are feeling rough because they are just getting sick or returned because they are on the mend or just feel rough but come in anyway and get on with it.
The point I’m trying to make is everyone feels less than perfect but its how we react that makes the difference, we need to train our minds to accept aches and pains. :)