PDA

View Full Version : Had a brilliant day yesterday

harasgenster
15-02-11, 14:37
Hi
I had a surprisingly good day yesterday having been to a consultant urologist and given hope that my physical problems were highly likely to be curable. I have suffered from a problem for the last year and when they told me this it was like a weight was lifted and the anxiety disappeared.

This might just sound incredibly obvious - stress taken away, less anxiety - but I had not realised how much of my current anxiety was simply down to worrying about my physical problems so I was amazed by how much better I have felt.

It has taught me a lesson that I thought I'd share. I tend to get wrapped up in anxiety and the obsessions or preoccupations that generally stem from that anxiety, quite ignoring the situation in my life, which is why I was surprised to feel so good when only one of my problems was taken away.

From now on I am going to try and stop sitting around getting obsessed with things and look for practical solutions to take away the stressors in my life. I realise many of you (with more common sense than me!) will have already done this, or for others it just may not be that easy, but for those like me who say "I hate my job" then don't look for a new one or "I hate where I live" and don't check out other options for housing, I'd suggest having a look at all the little things in your life you'd like to change. Maybe having just one weight lifted from your shoulders will feel like three tonnes has been taken away.

Hope this helps anybody

:)

snowgoose
15-02-11, 18:40
Hello :)

what a lovely uplifting helpful post Harasgenster .
So pleased that you have been given good news and feel better .
health worries nag away ........and never sleep . xx
Unfortunately none of us are immune to health problems through our life .......but most as we know are curable and oh god so many are anxiety related .
The amount of horrible symptoms anxiety related are huge [as I have learnt ]

I agree that we need to change our mindset and seek changes to live our life fully . not easy in this climate of world unrest and recession for jobs etc .
But I agree small acorns into big trees grow .... just a little shift in our lives and thoughts. make small steps ...trust your instincts . go that step to see doctor or walk to the end of the road .
think I am trying to convince myself here :blush:
but nice to read