PDA

View Full Version : Hello

Angelwings
15-02-11, 17:15
Hello everyone. I have suffered from anxiety, depression and agoraphobia for 14 years. I have claimed Incapacity Benefit after I was medically retired from my office job. After the last medical assessment by Atos I have been found fit for work, and I am currently in the process of appealing against the decision. I am absolutely terrified. I am unable to leave the house due to agoraphobia, my anxiety and depression have been unbearable since the letter arrived. What makes it worse is the answers I gave in the medical were not those recorded by the "Health Care Professional". The DWP were then able to give me a low score, and disallow my benefit. I found this website, the people seem friendly and helpful, and make you feel you are not alone. I decided to join. Looking forward to meeting you all and giving and receiving support. xx

diane07
15-02-11, 17:17
Hi Angelwings

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

Rain
15-02-11, 17:18
Hello Angelwings
I am also an agoraphobia sufferer
Glad to have you here
:)

Angelwings
15-02-11, 17:21
Thanks. :)

SHYGIRLAJB
15-02-11, 20:41
Hi Angelwings

I thought I would say hi and welcome to NMP, :welcome: . I suffer with anxiety and depression. A few years ago, I got turned down for incapacity benefit, but I appealed and won. Get all of the information from your gp and things on how you are and that.

It might be useful if you got help through CAB, perhaps give them a ring. Not sure if they do home visits, but its worth a call.

I hope you find this site useful and make new friends out of it.

Anita.

Vanilla Sky
15-02-11, 21:32
Hi and welcome to NMP :welcome:
Paige x

paula lynne
15-02-11, 22:55
Hiya, another agro sufferer here...youre not alone x Paula :welcome:

Angelwings
16-02-11, 16:54
Hello to you all, and thanks for your kind messages. Have posted all the papers and letters from the DWP to my Solicitor today, and returned the letter to the Tribunal Service informing them I would like to appeal. I have requested an oral hearing. I am still terrified, but at least it feels as if I am doing something. :)