PDA

View Full Version : Head pains

r-divall
15-02-11, 18:43
Hi all I'm making another post here relating to another post I made.
For the last few weeks I've had buzzing in my ears and headaches every day of the week, also some slight visual problems. I'm extremly paranoid it's a tumor or aneurysm.
I went to A&E and they gave me a CT scan, without contrast dye. My anxiety got the better of me so I stupidly looked it up and then found out unruptured aneurysm don't show on a CT, especially without the contrast dye. They didn't give me the dye as apparently they only gave me the scan to ease my mind and they were sure nothing was wrong.
I saw an optician as advised and they don't think it's my eyes causing these headaches so my anxiety is extreme now. Anyway my question is, has anyone else ever experiance headaches every day due to anxiety? I find it so hard to belive this can be anxiety, esp as I haven't had a panic attack in ages. My GP has referred me to a Neurolagist but I just feel like going to A&E as I'm scared I wont be here by the time the appointment comes.

r-divall
16-02-11, 09:36
Can anyone reply? This is really playing on my mind, can't focus on anything :(

debs180
16-02-11, 14:26
Hi,
i can relate to what u r feeling.....i had daily headaches for along time, i would have bouts where one would last a few days and then another that would last weeks.....i went to docs, opticians and a eye doc at the hospital who found no reason for the headaches.....anxiety was then the cause. Like u i found it hard to believe that anxiety could cause prolonged headaches....but yes it can!!!!!! That was quite awhile ago now and im still here......i still suffer headaches on and off, and yes i still do get worried about nasties to do with my head but it does get easier when u can accept anxiety can and does cause alot of phyiscal symptoms. A couple of tips that helped with my headaches are: Drink plenty of water.....really did/does help, relax your shoulders and rest in a darkened room (if u can) when its at its worse.
Hope u feel abit better soon, take care... and remember u r not alone

Debs x

r-divall
17-02-11, 09:44
Thanks for your reply, it's eased my mind a little bit :)
x

mark01234
23-02-11, 10:55
Effects of Head Pain
Head pain envelops the whole head causing agony. A feeling of tightness or a vigorous ache follows the initial pain. It seems that a steel band wraps the head tightly. Stress from work, arguments and bills are not the only factors that can be associated to a headache.

Types of Head Pains
Common types of head pains include tension, sinus and migraines. Symptoms and causes of different types of head pains differ.

Teenagers and adult are prone to have Migraines. Migraines causes severe head pains on both sides of the head. Person suffering from migraines feels that the pain is traveling from one portion of the skull to the other. Simultaneously, they feel irritation with sound or light, upset tummy and moodiness.