PDA

View Full Version : throat feels like is closing

bezzaboo
15-02-11, 21:53
hi all,

I suffer with anxiety which leads me to have panic attacks, i have had counselling to help this but i still have this feeling in my throat like its swelling or closing up, it also get very dry and can sometimes have a burning sensation or feel as though i have something stuck in there, im having this feeling tonight and it quite bad, i live on my own with my 20month old son and this panics me even more.

does anyone else suffer with this? xx

nomorepanic
15-02-11, 21:58
It sounds like acid reflux to me

The feeling of something stuck is globus hystericus

We have a whole sub-forum dedicated to this so have a read of the posts in there for more reassurance.

Greenman50
15-02-11, 23:43
hi all,

I suffer with anxiety which leads me to have panic attacks, i have had counselling to help this but i still have this feeling in my throat like its swelling or closing up, it also get very dry and can sometimes have a burning sensation or feel as though i have something stuck in there, im having this feeling tonight and it quite bad, i live on my own with my 20month old son and this panics me even more.

does anyone else suffer with this? xx

i get this all the time , without the burning as i,m on acid meds . My throat goes dry and i have trouble swallowing , the more i swallow the worse it is :weep:
As nicola says the the lump in the throat sensation is Globus hystericus , the fact you say that "sometimes" you feel like theres a lump in your throat proves theres nothing really there , its a horrible feeling and the more you focus on it the worse it gets .

Greenman50
15-02-11, 23:45
This info posted by a member on here got my head around it .....

http://www.panic-anxiety.com/articles/globus-hystericus/

Hope you feel better in the morning :yesyes:

bezzaboo
16-02-11, 00:34
Hi Mel

thx so much for this :)

Em.ma
16-02-11, 09:08
Hi, I had this for a while and i found burping would releive it so i assume it was acid reflux issues. :) hope you feel better soon