PDA

View Full Version : New GP!!!! =(

Mark801
15-02-11, 22:17
Hey guys, hope everyone is well.

I have an appointment this Thursday for my yearly physical(bp, urine, blood, eye, full physical) and I found out from my mom that her, my dad and I all have a new GP.

My old GP(who also saw my mom and dad) was somone I really liked simply because I knew her and been seing her since I was 14(now 21).
She knew my whole history especially with my panic and I was always comfortable with her when I discussed perosnal issues(panic/anxiety).

Now I find out that she's been transferred and now I have a new GP and I'm actually pretty terrified. I'm scared of docs, hospitals(any medical setting makes me panic and my pulse races).

Even though I was scared to see my old GP, I didn't have panic/anxiety cuz I was comfortable with her. Now I have someone new and I was gonna ask for a refill of some xanax to help with my returning anxiety since school has been stressing me out.

On top of being anxioius, I have to explain my whole situation and I'm just terrified of seing a new doctor and being in a new office. Help!!!:ohmy:

PokerFace
15-02-11, 22:38
We always make it out to be worse than it is in our minds. You could go see this new GP and really like him/her you never know!

I usually see a different GP everytime I go to the doctors cuz my actual one is never available and he scares the living daylights out of me since I was really small so you know! I understand explaining you have anxiety to a complete stranger is a horrible thing to do but end of the day it's your doctor and they're there to help you.

In short: You're gonna be fine, nothing will happen and you'll probably get used to the new GP & surgery probably a lot faster than you think! :) xx

Mark801
16-02-11, 00:12
Thanks Pokerface. I hope you're right. I'm really scared fo doctors and just the thought of having to see a new one is really freaking me out.

Groundhog
16-02-11, 09:22
Truth is till you get there you won’t know. A new doctor started at our local surgery a couple of months back and I saw him when my son was feeling under the weather because being new he had no established patients it was easy to get to see him at short notice. Have to say he was fantastic, so much so fast forward two months I tried to get to see him and was told I would have to wait as he is so booked up.

ditzygirl
16-02-11, 11:02
Hun you will be fine.

I have to say in my recent experiences, the new GP;s coming through can be very good. I am sure they are having a different training programme for patients like us. I have seen 5 different GP's in the last few years and all have been very good.

Don't forget, your history is on computer and they will have read your notes before you go in.

If it helps write some notes before you go and take with you.

I bet the new GP is as scared as you, as they have a lot to proove!!!!!

Keep smiling and you will be fine -I promise.

ps we want to know how you get on too, especially with the Receptionists who seem to be guard dogs lol!!!!!