PDA

View Full Version : nightmares

inberlin
01-04-06, 16:54
hello,

i am new to this forum and have had PTSD for a few years. i find that the symptoms shift over time, and right now i am having some really intense nightmares, sometimes i scream or cry in my sleep, and i wake up feeling as though i was in a war. often i dream about mass disasters like hurricanes, but also twice lately i have had a dream where i am upside down, sliding through a tight tunnel or down a long endless escalator. it leaves me feeling helpless, even though in my waking life i am doing a lot to try to deal with my panic and anxiety symptoms. does anyone have any recommendations or thoughts about this? i wonder if i should see this as a good sign, that i am working through things, but mostly in my dreams i am being chased or hunted and i rarely escape...thanks a lot....

k.

andrew
02-04-06, 03:24
hi k,

im not sure how to stop them. but i would advise you to reassure yourself, affirm that you are ok and give yourself a cuddle as soon as you wake up. it will help to stop some of the feelings running into your day. take care .. andrew

susan
14-05-06, 10:57
I know this is gunna sound lame. I do understand honestly. The only thing I can suggest is to have some time before you go to sleep to relax without the TV. Read a calming book. Fun- not self help type! Have a bubble bath with candles. Ive found I draw things from films that mix with old memories and nonsence like that. -Particularly if I was into an action film/ something emotional. Also overtiredness does it for me. A bouncy new pillow and nice bed clothes help you cutch up. My night mares rarely come these days... it does dwindle off. Susan. xx

sue