PDA

View Full Version : 5 weeks in

AnxiousM
16-02-11, 17:09
Still feeling quite dizzy sometimes during the day! Like there's a ring of pressure around the top of my head. The pressure feels weird, like if I relax my head it causes it to pull to one side. Get weakness and/or numbness and pins and needles in my hands too...

Anyone the same?

jessicalittler79
16-02-11, 17:33
hun i have the pressure and dizzyness ,on my head i just went to a nero doctor for this same thing ive had it for 7 months now its taken over my life ..he is sending me for a mri just to ease my mind and a mra...but i hope u feel better soon i know how u are feeling hun its awfull do u have this everyday allday because i do

AnxiousM
16-02-11, 17:36
I get it a few times a day. I don't think it's anything neurological, just tablet side effects.

ElizabethJane
16-02-11, 19:19
I'm sorry that you are experiencing the head pain. Have you explored any other causes for the pain apart from the mirt? Blocked sinuses and anxiety can cause such a pain. The pins and needles and numbness might directly be attributed to the mirt. It is a lesser known side effect but joint pain is documented. I hope this helps. EJ.

SW
21-02-11, 15:24
iam 17 days in on this drug in combination with citalopram 20mg..so far it has lifted my mood iam still a bit anxious but iam due on in 3 days...iam starting to see a pattern that it increases more just before my period...i have to go back when its been 19 days to get it increased if no relief on 15mg...i think it has took the edge off it but not quite hitting the spot kinda thing..if that makes sence :)

i have found my eating habits are back to normal and i sleep well

JT69
21-02-11, 18:45
Hi Sam,

30-45mg is a theraputic dose they say on mirtazipine so you may find that you benefit from an increase.

Glad it is going pretty well for you and you have some improvements.

Keep it going you will get there.

Jo.xx

SW
21-02-11, 21:03
thanks for that jo...yeah ive read alot of posts on here that the 30mg is the theraputic dose...am guessing if my doc upped that to 30mg would he reduce the citalopram to 10mg?

thanks x

JT69
23-02-11, 22:50
Hi Sam,

Not sure about the citalopram as I have not been on the 2 at the same time....so you may have to wait to speak to your GP.

Hope all still going well for you.

Jo.xx

SW
24-02-11, 11:09
my doc wants me to stay on the 15mg as hes seen some improvement so am on this for another month....today i feel rubbish,all week my kids have had this cough and temperature and now ive got it started as a cough yesterday now ive got the temp with it....can i have things like lemsip paracetamol while on mirtazapine?

JT69
24-02-11, 14:26
Hi Sam,

Sorry to hear you are not well......it is fine to take lemsips/paracetamol with mirtazipine as long as you take the correct dose...and am sure you will.

Hope you feel better soon.

Jo.xx

SW
27-02-11, 11:34
fed up....went to docs and i found out i have tonsilitis caused by a cough n cold virus.ive not been sleeping well...can this affect the tablets. just wanna be back right. if its not coping with the anxiety gettin ilnnesses ontop aswell,hard going.

anyone else got a virus at the mo...my body feels weak,headache or pressure round my nose n head