PDA

View Full Version : can u get flower essence without alchol

magpie girl
16-02-11, 19:55
I just wonderd if anyone knows were i could get hold of different flower essences in liquid form without any alchol in it ???? The reason i am asking is one of my parrots suffer from anxiety and has plucked her feathers.At the moment im bathing her 3 times a day in diluted flower essences for parrots and its working but the problem is its costing £40 a week.:ohmy:

nomorepanic
16-02-11, 20:14
Do you mean the bachs remedies?

suzy-sue
16-02-11, 21:35
Animals especially Birds are super sensitive to some flower esscences .They can be dangerous . Just found this out googling lol Dont know if you were aware of this ..Do you know why she is stressed /anxious ? as certain things can trigger the feather plucking .I found a site that listed things you can do to help relieve the anxiety depending on the reason .Sorry about your poor Parrot hope she gets well soon .luv Sue x:hugs:

magpie girl
17-02-11, 16:16
Any brand will do nic,i know which ones i need to do the mix but i need it in water!!! Whenever i google for it i seem to just get the states. Hi suzy yes i know what the trigger to her anxiety was,as her calcium levels dropped and her body was not maintaining any calcium.I have lots of parrots but TJ has been a sensitive soul since she was born,a bit of a mummys girl.:D. I now have her calcium levels under control but it has to be given by syringe everyday and she hates it!!!!! swears her head off lol. I dont want to add extra stress and she really loves her spray down with the flower extracts,its really calmed her down alot.My avain vet is aware of the treatment and is recommending it to others as the results are really good and its got no side effects like parrot prozac

suzy-sue
17-02-11, 18:33
Hi Magpie .Ive googled several different searches and cant find anything either .But i did read that if you add a few drops of esscence to hot water the alcohol evaporates .Could you just let it cool down and use it like this I wonder ? They usually use Brandy ,but if you make your own you can use cider vinegar .They only add this to stop it going off and preserve it .Have you thought about maybe making your own ? ..Sorry I couldnt help more but will keep trying .Glad your Parrot is responding .They can tear their feather s out when they want a mate :wub:..interesting stuff lol Hope you find something cheaper .luv Sue x

magpie girl
17-02-11, 19:08
Hi suzy cider vinegar is really good for parrots and thats what i was spraying her in at first.In the stuff im using now there are 16 different flower essences plus minerals ect. I think if i just use the ones in the rescue remedy and maybe pick 2 more used for depression and anxiety that would be enough.If i add 1drop of each to a 30ml bottle with mineral water then dilute for spraying and drinking,i could even use cider vinegar in place of water for the 30ml bottle

nomorepanic
17-02-11, 19:39
I know there is a rescue remedy for pets:

http://www.rescueremedy.com/pets/how-to-use.asp

Not sure if they can bathe in this one or not though lol

magpie girl
18-02-11, 20:10
nic i could kiss you thats what i was looking for lol :D:D:D

nomorepanic
18-02-11, 20:54
Glad to be of help. I am sure you can buy it in the UK as well

PoppyC
23-02-11, 18:33
Hi
Awww, how is your parrot now? Poor little thing!

magpie girl
03-03-11, 20:32
has anyone heard of KALI BROMATUM and if so did it help them :):):) just one more ingredient for my bird spray lol