PDA

View Full Version : hi everyone newbie here

joanneg
20-03-04, 08:23
hi everyone , well for awhile i have lurked and been reading all your messages and thought i would say hello and introduce myself , my names joanne and i am 31 years old and live with my bf of 9 years brett and my 5 yr old daughter tabitha in surrey, i have suffered with anxiety and panic attacks since the day after tabitha was born :( i have some good days but mostly bad days , ever dr i have been to wants me to take anti depressents but they scare me , my main symptom is dizzyness which i hate it freaks me out , well thats a little about me , hope to meet you all abit more soon , love joanne xxxx

Meg
20-03-04, 08:51
Dear Joanne,

There are other ways apart from medication to recover.

What else have you been doing to help yourself ?

If you're really dizzy then its mainly that you're breathinmg too fast- aim for 4 counts in 7 counts out.

The dizziness is obsessively in your head. I know that one well. I was dizzy for ages and then thought I was even though I really wasn't intermittantly after that.
I had to stand in Yoga mountain pose to several minutes to convince myself that I wasn't really dizzy at all and it was all in my mind- the thought of it was enough to convince me it was true after a while.

Meg

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

kate
20-03-04, 09:48
Hiya Joanne,

Just wanted to say welcome to the site!

Kate x

sarah
20-03-04, 16:23
Hiya Joanne

Welcome to the site. Nice to see someone else from surrey :)
Hope you find the site useful.

Love Sarah
xx

me
20-03-04, 18:24
hi joanne, my name is mary, im very new to this site but have found it so helpful. i think it was meg who told me to try some vitamins(thankyou meg x) and i have changed alot of things which i use to eat and drink i loved red bull i would drink loads of it but havent touched it for 4 weeks now im eating lots more fresh food and loads of fruit and veg. the vitamins are vitamin b complex omega 3 pure fish oils and vitamin c. take care from mary x

nomorepanic
20-03-04, 19:04
Hi Joanne

Welcome to the site. Good to see that you finally posted on here.

I used to get the dizziness all the time - horrid isn't it. It does go in time. Have you tried any form of relaxation atall.

Also exercise may help even though you probably don't feel like doing any!

Let us know if you need any questions answered.

Nicola

paradise
22-03-04, 11:01
This is my website about my depression, anxiety, and panic story.
http://groups.msn.com/AnxietyDepressionandPanic-Mystory/_whatsnew.msnw
Vitamins Effects

1. Vitamin B complex-Healthy nervous system, calm the mood, regulate the mood and emotional well-being, detoxify alcohol. For woman who wakes up after middle of the night and can’t return to sleep, B3 is helpful.

2. Vitamin C –Help decrease fatigue, helps prevent infections.

3. Bioflavonoids- Occur with Vit C, Found in grape skins, cherries, blackberries, and blue berries, soybeans.

4. Vitamin E- relieves symptoms of anxiety and mood swings.

5. Magnesium- To maintain energy and vitality

6. Calcium- Helps combat stress, nervous tension, and anxiety. Deficient will result in muscle cramps. Helps insomnia.

7. Zinc- decrease anxiety, enhance immune function

nomorepanic
22-03-04, 21:43
Paradise - I read your story on your web site. If you like I can add it to the Personal Stories on my web site. Let me know ok?

Are you planning to add more to your site - it helps to write it down doesn't it?

Keep up the good work.

Nicola

Panikki
23-03-04, 08:31
Hi Joanne,
I'm new here too, are you from surrey in UK ? There are so many groups on the net and most people are in other countries and you feel so distant from them ...I'm also in surrey but this does cover a wide area so we still may not not be quiet neighbours!! Anyway welcome to the group..Look forward to your future posts..from Jodie

J Baker

red
23-03-04, 09:41
Hi Joanne - glad you decided to post here, good to meet you!

I have just been listening to a story about Surrey on breakfast TV - the storyline? "Curry from Surrey"!!!! Apperently 60% of curry houses in Surrey are using too many additives and colouring in their curries instead of using natural ingredients! So watch out for the bright red tandooris and tikka masalas - they should be an pale orangey colour!

Dizziness affects me to, although not nearly as much as it used to and is, as Meg says, a result of breathing too fast. When it happens now, I know just what it is and do a little breathing exercise on the spot to calm it down - works a treat in just a few seconds!

Keep posting and keep reading, this site will help you enormously. Take care.

Red
x
PS - Love the name of your daughter - Tabitha - beautiful!

brill
23-03-04, 11:28
Hi Joanne and welcome I think you will find the people very friendly. :) Even the ones from australia LOL.Anyway best of luck with the panic attacks. :)

Brill. the aussie :)

joanneg
24-03-04, 17:24
thanks for the lovely welcome everyone , i'm in croydon , surrey , anyone know it ? well tonight i'm going for a meal with some girlfriends to tgi's and feeling anxious , always feel dizzy and that ruins my night trying to remember what u all said , will let u know how i get on , eek [:I][:I]
love joanne xxx

joanneg xxx

sarah
24-03-04, 18:02
Hiya Joanne

Yep I know Croydon well, ive got some mates live there. (I live in worcester park - near sutton). Enjoy your meal tonite I love the food in TGI's so think of me when you are munching that scrummy sauce they do...lol. Hope you get on ok, im sure you will be fine.

love Sarah
xx

kate
24-03-04, 19:51
Hiya Joanne,

Good Luck with the meal tonight!

Hope you have a good night out with your mates.

Kate x

me
24-03-04, 20:18
hello joanne hope you are enjoying your meal. you have to remember you are with your friends who care for you so you will be fine they are by your side so enjoy yourself xx take care love from mary x

Panikki
25-03-04, 09:12
Hi Jo hope all went well with ur nite out! I see that your in croydon not too far then and theres some-one else who's in worcester park (scuse any spelling mistakes) I'm in Morden by the way. Its good to see that you dont give up when you get panicky as it's so easy for the probs to spiral out of control(and your so full of fear you cant get out the door) keep it up as it's the way forward. Jodie

J Baker

me
25-03-04, 12:24
Hi Joanne, how did last night go? good i hope x Take care love from mary x