PDA

View Full Version : Ridges in my head

scfan
01-04-06, 18:52
A couple of weeks ago while scratching my head I noticed a depression on the top of my head, like a little indention in my skull. I am 35 years old, and I would think that I would have noticed this before, but since I have been suffering from my health anxiety, I have been much more aware of little things with my body.

I found this thread:
25, new to the site & would LOVE SOME ADVICE ! (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=5171)

It seems as though this person had the same experience as me, as she said " I noticed one of the ridges on my head whilst shampooing my hair I had a full blown panic attack".

Of course, I immediately thought, and still think "BRAIN TUMOR" although I know that a tumor wouldnt be able to be felt outside my head. I am going crazy with worry. Can anyone provide me any reassurance?

jackie
01-04-06, 21:02
is this not the little indent in every babies head when they are only born, it closes over in the first few months i think but the slight groove is still felt. it simply goes from soft when you are a baby and harder as the months go on

am i right anyone. i definitely feel a groove in my head

does this help

jackie

Piglet
01-04-06, 22:05
Actually feeling my head I have ridges allover it!!!! Just my skull formation and can't say it bothers me in the least.

Try not to worry.

Love Piglet xx

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
"Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.

scfan
01-04-06, 22:30
Thats good to hear Piglet. I assume thats what it is, but I worry still. The thing that worries me is that I'm 34 and I just began to notice it. Like I said, I am hyper-sensitive to anything with my body right now, and I could have had it all my life and just noticed it, but thats what is freaking me out right now.

Piglet
02-04-06, 11:23
Nah you are just beginning to be aware of bits of your body like we all do from time to time. Once we realise that its the same as the next persons we are reassured and can forget about it.:D

Love Piglet xx

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
"Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.