PDA

View Full Version : Can't eat

Pixiedust
16-02-11, 20:36
Hi, I'm feeling really anxious today and finding it difficult to eat anything. At the moment I'm concerned that not eating is just going to make it worse. I have eaten some stuff but I find it really hard to swallow and just leaving most of it in the end. Does anyone know how I can make my body accept food?

xx

jillyb
16-02-11, 20:48
If it is just today that you are finding it difficult to eat anything I wouldn't worry about it. The more anxious you are about it, the more difficult it will be to eat. I know it's easier said than done, but do try and relax. Just accept that today you don't feel like eating, and as long as you drink something (not alcohol) then that's fine. Tomorrow is a new day and you can think of something yummy to eat, something that you really fancy. If you had a tummy bug you wouldn't be eating would you? .... and you wouldn't worry about not eating either - you'd just accept it, knowing that when you felt better you would eat. Treat it like that and forget about it today. x

smb25
17-02-11, 15:38
Hi Pixiedust,

I hardly ate a thing for about 4 weeks so don't worry too much. As long as you can try and eat something and drink plenty of fluids. I also drank slim fast meal shakes when I took my meds, as I thought at least its giving me some kind of intake.

My appetite is still not what it was and I ahve lost weight but thats not a bad thing for me.

Whether your loss of appetite is due to just anxiety or medication or combination of both, it will get better.

x

Vixxy
17-02-11, 17:29
I wasnt eating much for about 3-4 months! and a year on I've put all the weight back on and had no detrimental effects from it. I had myself in a catch 22, I was worried about not eating, which made me more anxious, so I coudnt eat.
Try not to worry about it and just take each day as it comes. If you eat then great, if not, you will again.