PDA

View Full Version : Help me please

pixie_xxx
01-04-06, 19:31
What on earth am I going to do?

It's my holiday next weekend and at every station we stop at there are balloons, and at every cafe we go into there are balloons. I'm terrified of balloons...

Last Saturday I went to a party and was ill because there were balloons in the room, and I can't face Mcdonalds...

Please can someone help me.

Is there anyone else out there who feels the same as me? If so can you e-mail me please.

xxx Sarah xxx

a-little-room-to-breathe
02-04-06, 11:09
hey Sarah,
i dont have a phobia of balloons, but i know what you mean about running into your fears all the time. i have a phobia about crowds and people, and sometimes i can just get overwhelming.
when you are confronted by your phobia, try not to panic instantly, try to stay calm. ask yourself why you are afraid of it. if that doesnt work, excuse yourself and find somewhere you feel safe. i always carry a paper bag with me in case i have a panic attack, and i find writing down how i feel helps, so if you want you could carry around a notebook or a journal? if writing helps, that can be useful.
when you're around the object of your phobia, (ie balloons) do you feel safer or less likely to panic if there's someone you trust with you, because i feel that way. or maybe deisngate a 'safe zone' maybe a bathroom or something, if you know youre going somewhere with balloons.
hope that helped hun,

love katie xxx

"If I can wipe from any human cheek, a tear,
Convince one man that hope and heaven are near,
Create more joy, more hope, less pain,
And though not one shall know my name nor drop a flower on my grave,
I shall not have lived in vain while here."

Piglet
02-04-06, 11:20
Is it the fear of the loud bang that is the problem - if so could you wear headphones while you travel and listen to music???

Love Piglet xx

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
"Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.

pixie_xxx
02-04-06, 13:56
No its the fear of balloons in general, i shake when i see a picture of one or even if someone is talking about them. I've managed to avoid panic attacks so far which i'm really proud of.

Piglet
02-04-06, 22:11
Have you ever had any help for this fear mate, like CBT or hypnosis???

Love Piglet xx

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
"Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.

florence
02-04-06, 22:47
Hi Sarah

I cant relate to fear of balloons, but can relate to phobias, its horrible isnt it?
I've seen on paul mckenna's show, a lady with the same problem, and her problem was resolved within a day.... Hypnosis would be a good therapy for you I think.

Florence.

*** Worry gives a small thing a big shadow.***

pixie_xxx
03-04-06, 17:30
I've seen the doctor about it, but said that it wasn't a severe enough phobia for me to be reffered to someone...

Love Sarah xxx

Struggling to cope, I turned to the internet for my help. It feels like no-one understands me.