PDA

View Full Version : Had to keep diary of symptoms for doctor - reading it is worrying me more...

daisycake
17-02-11, 00:16
After quizzing my GP about arrhytmia problems and why some people get 24 hr monitors and I didn't, she's asked me to keep a diary of what symptoms I'm getting and when for a week or so... Reading it is only scaring me more as it all seems to occur only when I exercise or exert myself, surely thats not great!

Thought I may as well stick in a sample here and you guys can hopefully point out how my symptoms are normal :D was told to write when symptoms occur, what I'm doing/eating/drinking, pulse rate etc...

Friday
One ectopic after exertion. Bedroom was very hot though. Worsen after eating/drinking or with acid reflux/gassy feelings. Worsened in evening along with tiredness and weak feeling on standing up – in the main happened when I bent over to do something or moved or stood up – this worse than usual. Usually one at a time but up to three in a run. Feeling like can’t get a full breath. Fast but only when anxious. Pulse regular AFTER – can’t take pulse during!! Eating mainly sugary things and probably not drinking enough. 1 at night (1am) but was not relaxed at time. Pulse regular in fact slower than normal. Stood up about ten/fifteen mins after to be greeted by acid reflux.
Saturday
Acid reflux all day + gas. Occasional feeling like couldn’t get full breath or breathe at all. Dizziness in later evening (after a cold drink of diluting orange) but pulse felt regular and normal, not too fast. Dizziness/shakiness got worse more anxious I got. Thump in chest (felt more like stomach) at 12ish (night), normal regular pulse but central chest pain (acid?)… Followed by 2 or 3 skips (but very mild, hardly noticeable) and panicky feelings. Started to worry but try to convince is only acid/normal. Gaviscon very short relief. Pulse still normal. Heartburn got increasingly severe – more skips. Could feel heart rate by hand on chest – felt two beats then nothing. Then one more skip followed by pulse felt normal and regular again.
Monday
Two in mid morning (hungry, acid reflux) but brought on by exertion. Pulse irregular to start with but then got more regular as I relaxed.
Wednesday
Dizziness + racing heart (although regular) – but also anxious, indigestion, not long after eating (three choc. biscuits) and tea etc so thought maybe sugar rush or too much energy. Shower made it worse but then distraction calmed me down. Pounding heart on exertion and after phone ringing at 8am (while in a very deep sleep) but both times felt fairly regular and am beginning to wonder if this is quite normal. Thought I felt one at 8:30ish but then pulse was regular and normal speed. Central and left sided chest pain in late evening (11.30pm) during exertion. Pulse felt irregular one side but fine on the other. Came on about half an hour after eating roll/butter. Took two gaviscon, relaxed and pain went away. This then accompanied by gas, slightly irregular pulse or what felt irregular and more chest pain. Like an ache across chest but still got acidy/gassy feelings. Chest hurts like hell to press on as well. Frequent minor ectopic feelings after this. Central back pain and feeling like I needed to bring up air/couldn’t breathe but inevitably the more I panic the more air I swallow and the more uncomfortable I feel. Accompanied by dizziness.
I presume if I was that bad I'd feel funny far more often than this?
Sorry if this is a bit much just thought one of you might be able to advise!

countrygirl
17-02-11, 08:54
It is completely normal to have ectopic heartbeats even multiple ones in a row this is just a normal variation of heartbeat _ direct quote from the cardiologist I saw yesterday.

The phone ringing when you are asleep will give every single person a racing heart and even make them feel very faint so what you experiences was completely normal.

I find a big connection between ectopic heartbeats and my stomach and bending over again because it affects the stomach - again direct from the cardio yesterday " the stomach and heart share the same nerve so although we don't know exactly why your stomach can cause a change in heartbeat we know it does and its probably this shared nerve pathway".

Reading your posts it seems you will not calm down until you have had a 24hr ecg - what does your Dr say when you ask for one and explain why you wnat one???