PDA

View Full Version : UTI still there :(

AngelHeart
17-02-11, 09:15
Hi, brief history. Ive had preassure like wanting a wee for 3 weeks, went the Drs on Monday and she founf white blood cells in urine but nothing else. Sent off sample and said if it comes back negative or symptoms persist I will need further investiagtion. She gave me six 200mg of Trimethoprim to take two a day. At first I thought it was feeling better (Tues) but yesterday I felt it back again and am really upset and worried. I must admit I had a stressful day yesterday too. Once before when I had a UTI I had to be given a different antibiotic ,( can't remeber what I was precribed ) to clear it up as the first didn't work.

I've never had a UTI thats lasted this long and was wondering if anyone has had similar and if they had to be given different anti bs because some didn't work. I'm really down with it and I have been so good with my health anxiety, but am starting to think all kinds now and really worrying myself. I have no other symptoms except the preassure. Sorry to be a pain.:weep:

Thanks. Pauline xx

HazG
17-02-11, 20:39
Hi yes this happened to me last year i was going through a bad time,i kept getting UTI's i had one that wouldn't shift had to have 3 lots of AB's to get rid of it !

Hope yours clears up soon are you drinking plenty help flush it through ?

JaneC
17-02-11, 20:56
Been there too, Pauline. TBH I rarely find a three-day course much help. Your sample result should tell the doc what ABs will work and what won't. Usually I've just needed a longer course of what I've been on. Hope you are feeling better x

Ddcoo
18-02-11, 09:15
I have had UTIs for the last 30 years, the last one was just before Xmas and I had the pressure sensation. I was given 2 lots of different antibiotics but they didn't clear it, so I was given a third to take for one week and then I had to have one tablet at night for 6 weeks and that seems to have cleared it at the moment, so it is no problem changing the antibiotics as necessary.

frozenwithfear
18-02-11, 10:15
Pauline

My 11 year old daughter kept on getting raging temperatures with vomiting, and splitting headaches. In six months she had 5 different episodes of it. It was only then the doctor suggested blood tests. I was worried sick. Her white blood cell count was up a bit, but the diagnosis was an urinary tract infection. She had no pains or problems with going to the loo, so it was a surprise that this was the diagnosis. However, after a course of strong antibiotics, she was fine.

I was advised not to let her use any bubble bath, or to shampoo her hair in the bath. Also no soap on "sensitive" areas. Its been showers from that time on, and she is now absolutely fine. Are you using any shower/bath products which might be causing continuing symptoms?

AngelHeart
18-02-11, 12:13
Hi all, thanks so very much for your replies. The preasurre feeling has lessend but still there slightly. My results are due back today so have been told to phone later for them so I will know if there was any bacteria in them. Although it feels better I still feel it hasnt completely gone. I was going to wait to see what my results say and wait the weekend before going back the doctor on monday if it hasn't completely cleared by then to get some more anti bs. Trying also to drink more.

Glad your daughter was sorted Frozenwithfear. Before now I was under the impression that you don't get UTIs without the burning but ive heard a lot of stories now of people who have had them with little or no symptoms. I do use bath products and also shaving cream down below lol Perhaps I best stop !!

Thanks everyone for your help xxx

Hazel B
18-02-11, 20:37
Hope the results were OK and you feel better.

AngelHeart
19-02-11, 22:18
The results were negative :/ so am worried even more now. The presure has gone but still feleling the need to have wee sometimes. Wondering if its stress now xx

Hazel B
20-02-11, 20:11
It may be a bit of anxiety as well, do you have other symptoms like a beating heart etc?

AngelHeart
23-02-11, 00:01
No other symptoms at all :/ x

Amethyst69
23-02-11, 08:06
Hi all - I suffered recently from UTI like symptoms (pressure but no burning and no urgency) and pain in lower abdomen - tests all negative. They were worse around ovulation/period and also I was quite stressed at the time. Dr advised can happen around 'hormonal times' due to congestion in that general area but also stress can be a culprit. Have stopped worrying about it now. Also said something about me getting on a bit which didnt go down too well as only 42 - am sure I won't be barred for long!!!!!!!!:roflmao:

AngelHeart
23-02-11, 14:50
Haha aww thanks for your reply. Funnily enough am ok throughout the day and it gets worse at night! I know we feel stress more at night because we're busy throughout the day. Trying not to think about it but hard when you focus on one thing makes you worse doesn't it !! If it happens around hormaonal times, I must be hormonal all the time at the min haha. Thanks very much :)